bad stuttering under load?

1993redfox

Aug 6, 2006
hey guys, i peek in here every once in a while, but i need a little help.

i have a 93 2.3 mustang, and its treated me fairly well. until now

i am experiencing a bad stutter/bucking/skipping under load. with an extremely light foot and shifting slightly later than normal it can be avoided, but its hard to get around like that.

I have already replaced: plugs and wires, fuel filter, and the o2 sensor. testing the throttle position sensor seems to indicate it is working normally, and i'm trying to figure out where to go from here. also, the I examined the maf sensor and it looks fine, but im not sure how to test it. do you guys have any idea what might be causing this, and/or how to check? i appreciate any input you might have

thanks,
stefan

• Sponsors (?)

On my '93 2.3, it had a horrible hesitation above about 28k rpm. Pulled the MAF, cleaned it by pouring rubbing alcohol through it and letting it dry. Works great now. Also, unplug the maf, drive a bit and see if it cures it, if it helps, it's proallt the maf.

for you guys that want to know anything about testing sensors may i suggest a book, Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control by Charles O. Probst. it covers everthing in the engine management systems from 88 to 93. tells you how the stuff works and how to test it along with wiring diagrams..... its worth its weight in gold!!!!! you can get it from barnes and noble or books a million