Balljoints suck!! Started the modding..

turbogt

May 1, 2003
Montana
I started tearing the car apart tonight.. It only took me about a half hour to get to wear I break the balljoint nut loose, and damn, I can't break that thing loose for the life of me.. ( I just got back from the gym too!).. Oh well, I kroiled it and will let it sit overnight.. I will have many pics later this week of the side exhaust, wheels, balljoints, interior billet pieces, and 98 rear bumper. later.,:Damnit:

• Sponsors (?)

Think leverage...

For mine I used every bit of my strength (and I am a pretty big guy) and about 3.5' of leverage... I BARELY did it...

If you are changing the lowers or the joints you may want to jsut cut the nuts off...

I started tearing the car apart tonight.. It only took me about a half hour to get to wear I break the balljoint nut loose, and damn, I can't break that thing loose for the life of me.. ( I just got back from the gym too!).. Oh well, I kroiled it and will let it sit overnight.. I will have many pics later this week of the side exhaust, wheels, balljoints, interior billet pieces, and 98 rear bumper. later.,:Damnit:

When I did mine some pb blaster a long wrench and hammer did it for me. Any why are you going with a 98 rear bumper? Whats the difference?

Ok.. I have lots of new pics.. The old tires are 285s...
IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

I still couldn't get the second spindle broke loose.. I cut the balljoint as far below the spindle as I could and froze it with freon and pressed it out with the balljoint tool.. It shot out like a bullet when it finally let loose!