bamachips a/f question

adamb258

Mar 30, 2003
dallas
I searched but it seems like not many peopel have their a/f checked after they recieve their tunes. Has anyone had bad a/f ratios or detonation from one of his tunes? I had an 04 cobra with a tune from amazon and a/f was rediculous and pinged like crazy(im just lucky i was on a dyno at a very good shop when it happened). Everything I have read has been 100% postive form him, just double checkin' :-D

• Sponsors (?)

Adam,

Factory AF sits around 11.8:1. A more optimal would keep it around 13:1 at WOT. Regardless of the shop used, the custom tune will only be as good as the specifications provided at the time of programming. Some people forget to provide the modification data that will affect the AF.

Most of the fellas I have talked to that have custom tunes from Bamachips have been satisfied. I am not sure what tuner you have, but if you have SCT you can always post a question to Ryan on their forum and ask for feedback on Bamachips as an authorized dealer. If he can't help you, he will happily refer you to an individual at SCT that can check Bamachips status.

Good Luck. The AF on the 3-v with DBW is cranky.