Barry Sanders!!!!

WHITE94COBRA said:
With that being said my pick for best ever goes to 2guys: Jerry Rice (he has all the records)

I can agree with that.

Joe Montana (how can you even argue with 4 superbowl titles, in 4 appearances, with zero int's in all of them).

Disagree there. Montana was good, but no where near the greatest IMO. All 4of his Super his Super Bowl wins came pre-salary cap when San Fran could basically buy all the talent needed for dynasty, and last I checked, the game was won by a team and not the QB.

Then would be Brett Favre, (talk about a fighter), that guy has beaten all of our teams.

Here's another guy I think is overrated. Yeah he's good and yeah he's a fighter, but he's made a few too many mistakes in big games to really be called "great.

Just my opinion though, thought I'd share. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone else heard the NFL rumor about abolishing the salary cap??? They seem to think it will keep guy's faithful to one team for a career.... Hmmmmm
Sounds like the makings of more yankees franchises.

Ohh and in case you didnt know there was a salary cap, thus the reason my team has been paying back the salary cap overage for the last 5 years, but you are entitled to your opinion, so it's all good. As for Favre I put him on my list as a fighter, and a winner, he has made lots of mistakes but he has also been brilliant.

WHITE94COBRA said:
Anyone else heard the NFL rumor about abolishing the salary cap??? They seem to think it will keep guy's faithful to one team for a career.... Hmmmmm
Sounds like the makings of more yankees franchises.

Ohh and in case you didnt know there was a salary cap, thus the reason my team has been paying back the salary cap overage for the last 5 years, but you are entitled to your opinion, so it's all good. As for Favre I put him on my list as a fighter, and a winner, he has made lots of mistakes but he has also been brilliant.

It's not that the NFL wants to abolish the cap, it's that the collective bargaining agreement is (or maybe even has) expired, and they're having trouble extending it.

The salary cap was introduced in 1994, and by that time Montana was a Chief (sad as that is, :nonono: ) I like Montana, and he was definetly good, but I just don't think he's the greatest. Montana is definetly better than Favre though, he never made costly mistakes in big games like Brett.

Anyways, it's all good, just looking to debate some football, no insults intended :SNSign:

You my friend are right on one thing, the cap was instated in 93, and in full effect in 94, making my statement about the cap being there with montana... But I will always defend my pics of my favorites and Montana and Young are my favorite Qb's of all time. And I do think Montana was the best Qb of all time. I like favre for one reason, he is and always will be a warrior. As for Rb's my favorite is Barry, and givin that Bo's career got cut short is why I think this.

But I stand firm in the fact Jerry Rice is the best ever, Someone someday will be able to break his records but not anytime soon...

And I take nothing as an insult, it's football, love the football debates even if my info is skewed.....

Car Nut said:
Why did Sanders retire?
Because the dumb ass Lions wouldn't let him out of his contract. They said either he plays for them or no one. He chose no one. A wise move if you ask me.

It's hard to deny Sander's greatness. He could run circles around all 11 defenders. And he usually had to just to get back to the line of scrimmage. He had no supporting team. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Just imagine what he would have done on a team not owned by a complete football moron, and if he had an offense that could block and pass worth a damn.

Yeah you guys didnt get the ooportunity to see him every week. He was simply amazing, and was the only thing the Detroit Lions have to be proud of in the last 40 years.

On Best damn sports show this past week he was being interviewed in the Hard Rock cafe and the Detroit crowd started chanting 'Barry, Barry, Barry' like they did at games. He got noticeably choked up and you could tell he really misses the game.

I used to be a huge Lions fan as a kid, and watched every game, start to finish. But only because of Barry.

The Fords have sucked the life out of the team and us Detroit fans have all but given up. They have a top-5 stadium, tons of talent, extremely loyal fans, and they cant even make us believe they have a remote possibilty of making the playoffs for like the last 10 yrs.

Oh well, always have Michigan football, and the Pistons & Red Wings. :)

bimmertech said:
:shrug: who dat??? didn't he play for the chiefs?

Yep ... he was the 1st Chief ever to enter the hall of fame. I only knew about him because I've heard alot of my family talk about him (he started playing football here .... about 10 miles from my house). I hate the fact that almost all players that are considered "great" seem to always be an offensive player. He started out as a QB ... but became famous as a linebacker & defensive end. He could play any position .... and play it well. Search for his stats .... for the time, I think he was amazing.

SeventyMach1 said:
Yep ... he was the 1st Chief ever to enter the hall of fame. I only knew about him because I've heard alot of my family talk about him (he started playing football here .... about 10 miles from my house). I hate the fact that almost all players that are considered "great" seem to always be an offensive player. He started out as a QB ... but became famous as a linebacker & defensive end. He could play any position .... and play it well. Search for his stats .... for the time, I think he was amazing.

you really never hear mention of him in town--its all len dawson crap. i do remember he had a restaurant on the north side of town back in the day.

as far as deffensive guys i would say that behind Barry and Randall Cunningham i really enjoyed watching Derrick Thomas--RIP.