Battery Disconnect Switch - Good????

PonyBoy90

Founding Member
Aug 30, 2002
Toronto
50resto sells a battery disconnect switch. Basically, you unbolt your negative cable from the battery terminal, bolt on the new disconnect switch, to the negative terminal and rebolt the negative cable to the switch harness.

Is this switch good or has anyone experienced electrical gremlins upon using this on their cars?

Secondly, say I wanted to do some work on my car that ordinarily requires me to disconnect the battery. Does this gadget cut that step out or would I still need to disconnect the cables???????????????? It's a hassle always having to disconnect the cables from the terminals all the time and if I can cut this out, for $7.95 it's not a bad idea.

How about battery to hood clearance? Anyone hear install this gadget on their foxbody mustang only to find they can no longer close the hood down properly???????

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

usually battery kill switches are for people who have moved their batteries to the trunk (originally i thought this thread was going to be about where to mount it). if you want a switch for when you work on your car then I recommend something like what jegs and summit sells. check their catalogue or website.

heres the summit part number of what I'm thinking of. SUM-G1439
that should work good for you with minimal splicing and no clerance issues.