battery reloc. kit, rear drag springs??

Which battery relocation kits are you guys using and what is a good rear drag spring? I have coilovers in the front with BBK lowering springs in the back. Even with a MT 15" drag radial I still can't get very good traction with the current suspension setup. I have KYB base shocks and struts and I'm switching them out for lakewood 70/30 fronts and 50/50 rears. I just need to move the battery to the back and find a better spring for the back too. You guys have any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

You have MTs and still can't get good traction? How are you launching and how much power you making? What kind of 60' times are you getting?

Are you still running a front sway bar? Removing it makes a noticible difference. What spring rate in the coil overs up front? A longer softer spring will work better, like a 125 lb, and it should still handle better than the stock inboard spring.

How much have you lowered the car? That definately hurts weight transfer.
The setup on my 88 is very simple and I got a high 1.7 60' with nittos: removed front sway bar, stock springs in the front with worn out struts, 99+ spring in the rear. You should be able to do something similar with much stickier MTs, but there is obviously something wrong... lowered too much or too stiff a spring in the front, ect.

You have MTs and still can't get good traction? How are you launching and how much power you making? What kind of 60' times are you getting?

Are you still running a front sway bar? Removing it makes a noticible difference. What spring rate in the coil overs up front? A longer softer spring will work better, like a 125 lb, and it should still handle better than the stock inboard spring.

How much have you lowered the car? That definately hurts weight transfer.
The setup on my 88 is very simple and I got a high 1.7 60' with nittos: removed front sway bar, stock springs in the front with worn out struts, 99+ spring in the rear. You should be able to do something similar with much stickier MTs, but there is obviously something wrong... lowered too much or too stiff a spring in the front, ect.

I tried several different techniques for launching and just couldn't get it right. I'm making 305rwhp and 282 rwtq read sig for mods. My best 60' this year was 2.00 on the m/t's but last year's was 2.16 on a 17" all season tire.

I was having a horrible time keeping this car from lighting the tires up on launch even with an aggressive clutch feather. I had around 13# of air i the tires as well plus big smokey tire warm ups.

Yea the front swaybar is gone. The front springs I"m not sure what they are. Out back I have bbk lowering springs so maybe a 1.5" lower than stock. I also have hotchkis UCAs and LCAs.

So I want a longer softer spring in the front instead? I figure moving the battery to the back will help and then the lakewood struts/shocks will too.

13#'s of air seems a little low to me. I would think that would cause the slicks/dr's to "slap" the concrete instead of hook. Had u tried all sorts of different air pressue. I pulled 2.0's with a 4.30 geared 5 speed on 245/45 street tires (sumi's at that).

Are your upper or lower control arms adjustable? How stiff are the front springs you have on the coil overs?

I have no clue what kind of difference they have over stock. I honsetly doubt they do much for me. They were on the car when I bought it. It had a blown motor then and the live wire plug wires had 3 bad one... (car blew on n2o, no wonder, :D) Overall this this feels much stronger than my old 4.30 geared 04 gt. It ran 13.70's all day long on street tires (at Mo-kan, most 99+ cars run 14.20's at best).

I'm only about 2 hours or so from you. I live in Joplin, (sw corner of mo). Our local car club (www.100mphclub.com) will be down at the 2 lane black top in june on our own power cruise. You should check it out. We meet up on Fri the 5th of June, take some nice fun routes and stop in Branson Mo Fri night at Area 57 (Dick clark theather and grounds) then we will head out Sat am for a spirited drive down scenic 7 (in Ar) to Clinton Ar to the drag strip.

a 350 spring is horrible for drag. A 175 or 150 would be better with a 14" spring. 150 for mostly strip, 175 for street/strip if i can remember off the top of my head. Call MMR and they can tell you what spring you need.

I've got eibach drag springs in the rear only and it helps with traction better than lowering springs, and the airbag will help fix lopsided launching. Mustangs have a tendency to put more weight on the right rear tire. An airbag helps level it out for more balance.

I think an airbag would be a waste of money until you get a softer and longer spring in the front.

I would like to re-iterate what previous people said... check the pinion angle and if your rear control arms are adjustable, do a bunch of research and adjust them correctly. You really shouldn't need any major suspension mods to get a killer 60'. Just let the car transfer weight.

I wish I could buy just the rear springs with airbag.

why are u going that low of a rate in the front? and i don't know of any front spring that low, the lowest i see is around 400 in a v6 vert or a b spring around 425. just kind of confused not trying to flame.