battery relocation kit

rculjak

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2001
Hey guys, I was thinking about getting a battery relocation kit, I have a gt, these kits are designed for a trunk are they not, if you can use it in a hatch, is there any hazards to watch out for like hydrogen gas release etc... Also, which kit is good to get, summit has a cheap kit with a plastic box, what do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

I bought the one from summit you reffer to. I have a coupe and the box was too big to fit in the trunk where I wanted it. But the kit was worth the money just for the wiring itself. I made my own hold down. It's not track legal but I'm not pressed about that anyway. Since you will have the battery inside the car, you may want to buy the Optima red top battery. It's gel filled and you won't have to worry about fumes or acid leaking into your car. Here's a pic of what I did. Hope this helps. :nice:
415844_76_full.jpg

Shauns GT said:
On the subject of battery relocation when you run the positive cable to the starter solenoid where do you usually run it and or do you relocate the solenoid as well?
I left the soleniod where it was and ran the pos cable thru the car under the carpet and thru the firewall. Pretty simple.