battery relocation kit

bdcardinal

tree hugger
Jun 10, 2003
santa barbara, CA
doesn anyone have their relocation kit located in the centre of the trunk? i was told by a trusted open racer that the forward centre of the trunk is the ideal location for the battery, note i will not be drag racing. if anyone has done this which kit did you buy?

• Sponsors (?)

tomustang said:
middle yes for a track racer due to the fact that there is no spare tire. Over the drive wheel for better traction.
ya thats what im planning on doing. however i need to know which kit is compatable with that, or can i just use a universal kit. also, i just bought a oem fitment battery so i would need a case that can hold that.

Mines not centered but here it is. Taylor box with Summit Racing 2ga cable kit still using the factory battery.
DCP_3316.JPG

Attachments

• DCP_3316.JPG
    DCP_3316.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 69
There is no generic placement for a track car. Put your car on corner scales and put the battery and box in the trunk and move it to see where it should be.
It's usually towards the passenger side to offset the driver's weight unless it's a rally car where you have a co-pilot then it's more towards the middle.

jeffnoel - where's the air duct?

Also you have to remember (if you want perfection) that gas is a moving mass and it will effect the heavier side in the rear even if it's counteracting weight in the front.