SN95 Bbk fox Long tubes sn95

96pushrod

I think they're a little easier to get off
5 Year Member
May 15, 2018
Savannah
Hey all. I know the topic of headers for sn95s has been beat to death, but I can’t get a real good answer on this.

Has anyone ran fox body full length 1 3/4 x 3in bbk Long tubes on an sn95? Preferably with a manual. I’m looking for firsthand experience, not just hearsay. I can cut and weld modifications if necessary to make them fit. I’m just wondering how labor intensive it is, if at all.

My Mac long tubes are seemingly never going to show up so i’m Looking for other options.

• Sponsors (?)

I did a lot of research on this subject a while ago.

Fox long tube headers don't fit SN-95 cars because of different routing of the primary tubes on the driver's side header. This different routing is necessary because the clutch fork is in a different position on SN-95s compared to foxes. The SN-95 clutch fork is at a 7-o'clock position while the Fox clutch fork is at a 9-o'clock position. This means that when you try to install Fox headers on an SN-95 that is still equipped with the stock transmission/bell housing, the primary tubes are trying to occupy the same space as the clutch fork/dust cover.

And that's why the headers are different. The only other difference is the EGR tube on the passenger side header. You could run Fox shorties if you wanted to. In the case of shorties, it's the routing of the mid-pipe that's different to accommodate the different bell housing.

I know this as a combination of internet research and personal experience.

This may not be an issue for you if you are able to cut on weld on your own as you say.

Yeah I know about the issues with clutch fork interference. I plan on rerouting the tubes (if I need to) to clear the clutch fork. I can fab and I have a friend at the shop who’s great with a tig.

I ordered the bbk Long tubes, just said screw it and I’ll do what’s necessary to make them fit. I’m to the point where I can’t wait for accufabs to be made and MAC keeps dicking me on my sn95 headers.

The egr tube is a nonissue for me due to me not having it anyways. Steering shaft shouldn’t be an issue as I’m installing a flaming river manual setup tomorrow. Hope this should give me some more room.

At this point, I’ll take the pain in the ass to make fox headers fit to avoid :leghump:ing around with Mac.