BBK H-Pipe fitment problems

Loco5.0

5 Year Member
Apr 2, 2005
PA
The passenger side pipe from the collector to the h-pipe lines up fine, but the driver side pipe won't line up w/the h-pipe properly nor will any placement of that would remotely allow it to mate w/the h-pipe allow me to be able to get the o2 sensor in there!

Are the driver & passenger pipes supposed to be different angles/lengths? I'm hoping they just included the wrong pipe. If that is not the case then this is a terrible piece and BBK should be kicked in the face for this. If it's not a wrong pipe sent issue, what H-pipe should I get to match up w/my MAC shotry headers & MAC cat-back? This is a catted h-pipe & I need another catted pipe.

I took an offroad MAC h-pipe for this BBK piece and the MAC piece was perfect. Unfortunately, MAc no longer makes catted h-pipes. :(

• Sponsors (?)

BBK H pipes suck. I had the same problem when I bought one for my '87 GT. We had to heat up the pipes in different spots and bend them to properly align. Then 2 years and 5K miles later, one of my cats started rattling so I bought a Bassani X Pipe with cats and haven't had a problem since.

I had major problems with my BBK H-Pipe. It has never fit right. I'm waiting on it to finally rust out to get a new one. It is one of the reasons I'll never buy anything BBK again.

Has anyone ever complained to BBK about this? I'll be calling them tomorrow to get something done.

Yeah, they are aware. There used to be a member here that worked in their R&D department. Several complaints were made to him and he said he was going to check their jigs. Nothing ever became of it and I'm guessing the jigs are still off. I absolutely hate putting mine on.

I think bbk suck.I had some problems with their products.My shorties equal lenght wouldn't fit my off road h pipe.the driver side headers would hit my steering shaft had to put a spacer on my engine mount to work.

As expected, BBK is giving me the runaround on this. They say I can send it in for "repair" or exchange. I explained I don't have time to wait for the same piece to have the same issue again etc & I need the car on the road and inspected (which is true) He tells me to go after the vendor for the refund. Well i already had the AIR tube welded shut so of course LMR won't take that back. So I sent a very nice email back to BBK. We shall see what they say now. Next step will be writing letters to BBK. Anyone have the president's name or anything?

Wow @ BBK's reply to my email. :notnice: I will NEVER buy anything BBK again.

I discussed your issue with the President of BBK and here is a breakdown of his response-
We must follow the Warranty Guidelines and we cannot refund the purchase price of the item. However, if the customer cannot wait for the repair or replacement process, we can ship out a replacement item immediately to the customer C.O.D. for the amount of the Wholesale Distributor price (W.D. on 1521 is $360) and schedule a call-tag for the warranty item.

So they want another $360 from me? :rlaugh: I will go buy a Bassani pipe with that $360 before I give it to them. :rolleyes:

Wow @ BBK's reply to my email. :notnice: I will NEVER buy anything BBK again.

I discussed your issue with the President of BBK and here is a breakdown of his response-
We must follow the Warranty Guidelines and we cannot refund the purchase price of the item. However, if the customer cannot wait for the repair or replacement process, we can ship out a replacement item immediately to the customer C.O.D. for the amount of the Wholesale Distributor price (W.D. on 1521 is $360) and schedule a call-tag for the warranty item.

So they want another $360 from me? :rlaugh: I will go buy a Bassani pipe with that $360 before I give it to them. :rolleyes:

Actually guys, this is my FULL reply. Copied and pasted from my sent mail items.

What he has posted here only includes what suits him.-

Mr -
> I do apologize for your dissatisfaction with this
> pipe. As a long time
> enthusiast, I have been on the receiving end of more
> than a few items with
> warranty issues and I know it is frustrating.
>
> From your description, it sounds like the pipe may
> not have cooled properly
> after the welding process, or it may have been
> damaged in shipping. At this
> point it is impossible to tell.
>
> All of our welded products are built and welded in
> jigs and fixtures. I can
> guarantee that this issue that you are having is not
> a design flaw, but an
> isolated incident. We manufacture an incredible