BBK is worthless for information

HemiRick

I'd be looking at jacking under the house
Jun 28, 2020
Memphis TN
I ordered a set of BBK equal length ceramic coated headers months ago. BBK has told me they would ship on Oct 6th and Nov 8th and now in a week or two.....They don't really know and are just guessing......this is crazy !

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors(?)

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
Equal length shorties are 1" of HP, 50' of pain in the ass. We have all been struggling with this. Covid has disrupted distribution centers, production lines, all sorts of stuff. You can not get Ford or Denso AC compressors for certain vehicles right now. You can't even get an expected shipping date, flat out not available.

Kurt

Mustang5L5

i'm familiar with penetration
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I'm experiencing this on the business side as well. I build...stuff. I get materials from all over the world and use vendors from all over the world to do...stuff... to my other...stuff.

I can't get parts. Not only is supply down, but demand is up.

HemiRick

Jun 28, 2020
Memphis TN
Curious why you ordered direct from them? All kinds of vendors have these in stock.
I ordered them from a comp that ordered them, because of their low price on them. Saving that $40 may not be worth it. May have to cancel the original order and pay the extra to get ASAP. I'll give them the extra week or 2.

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
I ordered a catted h pipe for my coupe from Amazon and it was "in stock". Took nearly 7 weeks for that in stock pipe to show up.

Monkeybutt2000

Advanced Member
Aug 11, 2019
Lafayette,IN
I ordered them from a comp that ordered them, because of their low price on them. Saving that $40 may not be worth it. May have to cancel the original order and pay the extra to get ASAP. I'll give them the extra week or 2.
I'm assuming this is holding up your build. Man,I wouldn't do equal lengths they are a PITA!

HemiRick

Jun 28, 2020
Memphis TN
They only have to be installed once.....I've seen pics of them they really dont look that hard to deal with. I've installed many sets of headers.

revhead347

15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
That's the nefarious part of all this right now. Websites are not updated. Things that show in stock, actually aren't, and it takes just as long no matter where you get them from.

Kurt

Willybill32

But at least it's tight!
Jul 16, 2019
Lexington, KY
Equal length shorties are 1" of HP, 50' of pain in the ass. We have all been struggling with this. Covid has disrupted distribution centers, production lines, all sorts of stuff. You can not get Ford or Denso AC compressors for certain vehicles right now. You can't even get an expected shipping date, flat out not available.

Kurt
I have a set of equal-length Bassani shorties with the ceramic coating on my ‘86. They weren’t difficult to install.

Willybill32

But at least it's tight!
Jul 16, 2019
Lexington, KY
Mine were not that hard , but I did jack up the motor a bit. My bolts need to be tightened occasionally
Yes, I had to jack up the passenger side of the engine, but that’s not difficult. I’ve also noticed the bolts need to be checked for tightness regularly.

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
I also had issues with header bolts backing out and it drove me crazy. I finally got the Stage 8 locking bolts and problem solved. Before that bolts would literally disappear.

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
I may just be lucky (if true, it's a first) but an old trick was to tighten them down cold then run them through a couple heat cycles re-tighten each time.
Just get some stage 8 bolts and be done with it.

revhead347

15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
I have a set of equal-length Bassani shorties with the ceramic coating on my ‘86. They weren’t difficult to install.

It's not getting them in that's the hassle, it's changing plugs and stuff once they are in. I'm going out on a limb and guessing your 86' doesn't have a sea of smog and AC lines on the passenger side.

Kurt

Willybill32

But at least it's tight!
Jul 16, 2019
Lexington, KY
It's not getting them in that's the hassle, it's changing plugs and stuff once they are in. I'm going out on a limb and guessing your 86' doesn't have a sea of smog and AC lines on the passenger side.

Kurt
Yeah, the air pump and associated lines are gone. I do have A/C installed. I insta fresh plugs before the headers and hope not to have to change them very often.

• Useful