BBK is worthless for information

I may just be lucky (if true, it's a first) but an old trick was to tighten them down cold then run them through a couple heat cycles re-tighten each time.
Just get some stage 8 bolts and be done with it.it

it also depends on the header gaskets being unused. Some relax after a few cycles and some dont. When torqued, the stretch of the bolt should be enough to keep it from backing out, unless the gasket relaxes.

not like Ford sold you the car abs said “come back in 1k miles so we can retorque your header and intake bolts.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I run paper gaskets. I have to run the big 1415 gaskets, and there aren't too many options. I've had a few problems in the past before I put Stage 8 locking header bolts on. It's a good investment.

Kurt

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
It's not getting them in that's the hassle, it's changing plugs and stuff once they are in. I'm going out on a limb and guessing your 86' doesn't have a sea of smog and AC lines on the passenger side.

Kurt

I disagree completely. The BBk equal lengths went on easy, plug access is just fine, and my previous Ford wires w 45 degree boots work fine w/o need of heat sleeves or looms.....