Bbk Long Tubes - True Bolt On Fitment??

Grabbin' Asphalt

5 Year Member
Jun 10, 2013
Atlanta, Ga
I've looked at few threads regarding this topic concerning them being used with Gt40p heads. I've also read that some say the 1 3/4 fit slightly better than the 1 5/8. Is this true and is the BBK long tubes really bolt on with no stock K member issues, other clearance parts and with no modifying or other hacking involved??

• Sponsors (?)

i have the 1 3/4,afr heads though,once they were in, fitment is fine,no issues,but to put them in,the drivers side i had to lift the engine up slightly to get it in....

Manual or Auto?? ...would you have to remove them to drop your tranny??
manual,my tranny is on its way,my car is in storage for a few more weeks,and even though i installed them,i realy cant remember, so i was wondering the same thing...im going to install the tranny soon so ill find out,from what i remember i think i may have too?,but judging by the one pic i have,might be able to wiggle it out also...?...not much help....lol
34CDFE85-7DB9-4671-A37B-A9B69388C28E.jpg

I have Hooker longtubes, and it was a royal pain to install. With Hooker headers, you can remove the tubes to make it easier. We ended up removing the starter just to install the passender side. Mine is an auto, and i have to remove the passenger side header just to take out the trans. Id imagine its the same for a manual.

I have the BBK 1 5/8's I put them in when the motor was in AND out. Putting them in, I do not recall removing the trans or starter but I did lift the engine. No hacking or cutting of anything is involved. I just replaced a passenger exhaust manifold gasket and I tried to get the header out but could not at all! It definitely is tight on the passenger side. Sometimes I wonder if all that work was even worth doing..... I could see similar performance gains with short tubes and x pipe combo for a street car IMO.

I installed my BBK long tubes when I installed my new motor. I have a McLeod SFI steel bellhousing so I have to unbolt the drivers side header from head to be able to remove the bellhousing to remove clutch. So that is one disadvantage to having them.