BBK SSI intake any good???

• Sponsors (?)

i think its more of an intake for a blower, high rpm type motor(?) if your car is fairly stock i would stick w/ the base model edelbrock (forget model name), trick flow street, or cobra (good deals), or gt 40. and w/ those you only lose the stock strut tower brace, and dont have to change hoods, just dont use a spacer.

I remember when I first heard about this intake, they (one of the mags...) said BBK was designing one for the 94-95's too.....
Haven;t seen or heard anything about this in a long time, so.....
Plus, I don't see a CARB E.O for these. Important for those of us in Cali....

This is it on a Fox. 5.0 Mustang did this test. They say it WILL clear a stock hood & the valve covers on a Fox. As far as the SN ..... I dunno.

138_0412_intake_20_z.jpg

138_0412_intake_19_z.jpg

138_0412_intake_17_z.jpg

a50sn95 said:
I remember when I first heard about this intake, they (one of the mags...) said BBK was designing one for the 94-95's too.....
Haven;t seen or heard anything about this in a long time, so.....
Plus, I don't see a CARB E.O for these. Important for those of us in Cali....
I was actually on the phone with BBK tech when I asked about the CARB number for the SSI. She was very knowledgable and told me that BBK hasn't started the application process, but probably would soon. The CARB # is more of a government scheme to get more money IMO.

Also, she said that the only reason why long tube headers are not "emissions legal" is cause some bureaucrat basically decided that long tube headers were a "race" part and not because of any emissions problems :notnice:

BBK's page says no to fitting under the stock hood on SN's.
It may be a scheme to get money, but if they want to sell them here, they better get an E.O. I can't imagine doing an intake swap along with my h-pipe swap for a 30 minute smog test.
Dennis

Hi. I have an SSI manifold on a Ford crate engine in a kit cobra. I figured at 350 horse and 2200 lbs. it should move, and I wanted the latest greatest manifold. Unfortunately, what moved was coolant through the manifold in a fissure and leaked out by the #4 cylinder manifold bolt. Also I have to mention the spacing on the fuel rails does not match the spacing on the intake ports so the injectors are not parallel, and they leaked gasoline on the intake manifold. This was after I spent 2 hours grinding casting flash out of intake runners to improve flow.

I contacted John Brockman at BBK who has been very gracious and helpful. I boxed up the manifold and fuel rails to return to BBK, but FedEx has no record of a request to pick it up for a return to BBK.

I have been trying so hard to get this car together and now I am stuck with a manifold that leaks. I have no other recourse than to sue BBK in small claims court.

- David

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

crapola

The new 5.0 Mustang article with the BBK intake, Edelbrock RPM II, Holley, Trick Flow, GT-40 wasn't very promising. Seems like its between the RPM II and the Performer as far as RPM level.

I've had nothing but problems with BBK. I've bought from them 3 times and have had problems every time.
1.) sent me the wrong fuel pump, charged me a price that was $20 over magazine add
2.) wanted to charge me $11 to ship a $15 book
3.) sent me 94-95 ceramic headers that fit horribly. Had to do alot of work to get them to fit and it still screws up the rest of my exhaust.

Just an update:

John, Bryan and everyone at BBK continued to be concerned and extremly helpful. In the end they had been trying the best to get the manifold back and remedy the situation. It is the folks a FedEx that are incompetent. Thanks to John, Bryan and all those at BBK that stand behind their product and are helpful fixing a situation.

:)

- David

Humpty_Dumpty said:
Just an update:

John, Bryan and everyone at BBK continued to be concerned and extremly helpful. In the end they had been trying the best to get the manifold back and remedy the situation. It is the folks a FedEx that are incompetent. Thanks to John, Bryan and all those at BBK that stand behind their product and are helpful fixing a situation.

:)

- David

UPS all the way!!! I'm always glad to see the UPS dude (Ugly Parts Shipper).