BBK SSI Intake Warning

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't seen the offending manifold, but would say that if there is enough metal to provide seal for the O rings, there is enough to tap and install some plugs.

Remember that pipe threads taper and bolt threads don't when you make your choice. Allen head set screws are a good choice for plugs if you choose to use a bolt thread. Pipe threads with a taper tend to seal better. Some Teflon tape on the threads of the pipe threads would be a good idea. Use LockTite on the set screw threads, and be sure to give it sufficient time to set. A trip to Ace Hardware, Home Depot or Lowes is in order to find what you need.

I sent them an email back.

This thread shows on the first page now in 3 google searches:
"BBK SSI Warning"
"BBK SSI Mustang"
"BBK SSI Problems"

Good. Maybe word will get out again and they'll scrap this piece of junk. They shouldn't be allowed to sell this. I'll see what I can do.

I sent them an email back.

This thread shows on the first page now in 3 google searches:
"BBK SSI Warning"
"BBK SSI Mustang"
"BBK SSI Problems"

Good. Maybe word will get out again and they'll scrap this piece of junk. They shouldn't be allowed to sell this. I'll see what I can do.
Because of this I will never buy a BBK part ever again. :notnice:

Strype said:
To: BBK Tech
Subject: RE: Problems with my SSI intake

Yea I just got the replacement tube that I had to pay for even though I bought this $500 intake brand new and its the same size as the old one. I guess I'm lucky that puddle of gas that was under the car didn't light up while my headers were smoking.

BBK Tech said:
Did you have a question?

:lol:

If this keeps going on like this I'm gonna ask the mods to seal the thread and I'll carry the transcript to court with me. Hilarious.

Complaint Sent

"Thank you for filing your safety-related complaint via our Web site or our Vehicle Safety Hotline. The ODI Number listed below will be a direct link to your complaint as soon as it is ready to view. Please allow at least two business days for approval and processing before trying to view your complaint online. You will then be able to view it and search any associated documents.

Your Confirmation number (ODI Number) is: *edited*

Your complaint information will be entered into the NHTSA vehicle owner complaint database. NHTSA technical staff review this information to identify potential safety problems. While you may or may not be contacted by a NHTSA investigator to clarify the information submitted, all reports are reviewed and analyzed for potential defects trends. Also, the NHTSA complaint database provides valuable information to other consumers and to manufacturers.

If you have any questions regarding this complaint, please contact ODI:

By phone: 1-888-327-4236 8:00AM to 10:00PM Monday-Friday
TTY: 1-888-424-9153
Have your ODI Number available.
(Spanish-speaking operators available)

By e-mail: ODI - Office of Defects Investigation
Indicate your ODI Number in the contact form.

Thank you,

Office of Defects Investigation (ODI)
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)"

Step 1... Complete.

Oh and as far as the welding BK...

Since our friends at BBK have decided to make a joke at my (and other mustang drivers') expense I will no longer be welding anything. I will need that intake and those fuel rails in the condition they are in as of now.

Step 2 is more of a phase.