BBK SSI Intake Warning

I am so dissapointed in BBK right now. I had used many of their parts for a long long time but this level of customer service is inexcusable. They know its an issue and they refuse to take care of yours. What would of happened had the car and house burnt down? I am glad you posted this on that web site so mabey all of them can be taken off the road.

• Sponsors (?)

Defective, BBK Performance, www.bbkperformance.com Complaints - DEFECTIVE MADE in CHINA

Defective, BBK Performance, BBK: Performance Parts
Posted: 2008-09-11 by Ik [send email]

DEFECTIVE MADE in CHINA

Complaint Rating:
Company information:
Defective, BBK Performance, BBK: Performance Parts
na
Eagle Rock, California
United States
Phone: na
bbkperformance.com

THIS Company has a history of DEFECTIVE EQUIPMENT and their quality and service is substandard

FOR YOUR COMPLAINT TO BE EFFECTIVE, YOU MUST FILE WITH ((ALL))
FEDERAL COMPLAINT AGENCIES

Office of Defects Investigation (ODI), File A Safety Complaint
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
https://app.dca.ca.gov/bar/complaints.asp
Redirect to Contact Us - Complaint form
Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

This company, retained several Nationwide Unsatisfactory Records with the BBB for Failing to Respond to Consumer Complaints (links below).

Along with having been issued 19 individual Violations from the State Enforcement Agency, 'Consumer Affairs' (BAR).

Specifically, but not limited to, violating several sections of the Business and Professions Code depicted below:

Section 9884.7 (a)(1) False and Misleading Statements
Section 9884.8 Invoice Requirements
Section 988.4.9 (a) Estimate Requirements
Section 3373 Inserting/Withholding info to cause document to be False/Misleading

YOU CAN BETTER YOUR PATRONS EXPERIENCES BY HAVING THE COMPANY BE CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED TO ANSWER CONSUMER COMPLAINTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PRODUCTS.

Please review the Unsatisfactory BBB Reports of which this company has FAILED TO RESPOND, giving very bad experiences to your overall customers below:

http://www.bbbsw.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=46657

BBB of Northeast Florida: BBB Reliability Report

Fresno: Check Out a Business or Charity

San Diego: Check Out a Business or Charity

Clearwater, FL: Check Out a Business or Charity

DuPont, WA: Check Out a Business or Charity

Memphis, TN: Check Out a Business or Charity

FOR YOUR COMPLAINT TO BE EFFECTIVE, YOU MUST FILE A COMPLAINT WITH (ALL) FEDERAL COMPLAINT AGENCIES

Office of Defects Investigation (ODI), File A Safety Complaint
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
https://app.dca.ca.gov/bar/complaints.asp
Redirect to Contact Us - Complaint form
Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

Interesting... :scratch:

Looks like a lot of work.

The only BBK part I have is an EGR spacer, and thats only because the vendor ran out of the one I really wanted. They asked me if I wanted the BBK instead... I agreed. I figured BBK couldnt screw up a spacer... knock on wood.

Looks like a lot of work.

The only BBK part I have is an EGR spacer, and thats only because the vendor ran out of the one I really wanted. They asked me if I wanted the BBK instead... I agreed. I figured BBK couldnt screw up a spacer... knock on wood.

Well if you ever do have a problem, make sure you state your problem in the form of a question as I learned a few posts up. :nonono:

http://forums.stangnet.com/7943972-post116.html

In the beginning i leaned your way. Not so much now. Let it go! Honestly, what do you think is going to come of anything you try to accomplish...nothing.

Seems like alot of crying in here...just fix the damn thing and run it...or don't. This is a really SIMPLE fix, yet you haven't done anything to remedy it except to use the same part that failed....yo fault. I can't believe in the 2 -3 years it sat, you didn't do any research on it...yo fault. You've been offered help on here and turned it down...yo fault.

See, what the majority of people that do ANY work that involves ANY type of fuel related work(ya know, fuel rails, inectors, regulators,etc)....they prime the fuel system many times looking for leaks before starting the car! If you had any common sense you'd have done that and found the leak before running the car. Again...yo fault. Let the whole firey?, family death, garage explosion thing go.

Sincerely,
Yo Fault Insurance Company

:D

I still can't believe after you saying how much a ****ty design that tube/o ring deal is and its the reason for this entire thread....yet you bought another one! C'mon bro...yo fault. :)

*edited to add smiley as this is all pretty much in jest :p

I was just doing some calculations with all the Mustangs I have owned over the years and have bought too much BBK stuff. I had problems with long tubes rusting in under a year and they were ceramic coated but the shop replaced them. I had a T-body that was defective and BBK wouldnt replace it but LMR did. I had a CAI that the vac tube broke off and BBK wouldnt replace it so I had to have it welded.
I considered it minor stuff and figured I would still use BBK cause it was not serious stuff and they are inexpensive but I had to send them an email about this cause its just so dangerous and they are not helping you at all.
Over 10 years time span I have spent a fortune with BBK and I will continue to buy and modify Mustangs but they will never be modded with BBK parts. :notnice:

8-catless h pipes $960
2 catted x-pipes $800
7- BBK t-bodies $2310
2- Ceramic long tubes $1300
6- Shorties $2400
6- CAI $1500
2- short shifters $400
3- clutch cables $210
4- FWA $160
2- CC plates $380
2- SFCs $200
2- LCAs $400
1- UCA $100
7- EGR adapters $350

Thats over $11,000 and not including the MAFs, Fuel pumps, under drives and bushings that I have purchase as well.

Thats alot of money for them to throw away on a future customer. If they at least tried to make it right I would feel different but untill then they get a big :notnice: from me.

Hey, they just sent me an email!
Hello Bill,

I'd like to start by apologizing for your friends recent experience, I would have to hope that with your purchases of over $20,000 in BBK parts with out any problems previously that this one situation would not tarnish your opinion towards your future purchases. If you would take into consideration yourself and perhaps relay over to your friend that we do stand behind our products and if requests are sent in a professional manner we can easily see the full issue at hand to rectify the problem in the best manner. We thank you for your previous support of BBK and always welcome your questions and/or concerns; BBK has been in business over 20 years and strive to produce quality products and loyal customers!

Below is the email that your friend sent us, as you can see the Tech Dept was unsure of his intent.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 4:05 PM

To: BBK Tech

Subject: RE: Problems with my SSI intake

Yea I just got the replacement tube that I had to pay for even though I bought this $500 intake brand new and its the same size as the old one. I guess I'm lucky that puddle of gas that was under the car didn't light up while my headers were smoking.

Now I have Strypes email address! :rlaugh:

I sent another email to them and if Jon wants it posted I will. :nice:

This is the first time we have read this thread and our first chance to reply.

Over the last 21 years, BBK has worked very hard to make quality, affordable performance products for fellow enthusiasts and has become the leader in EFI performance.

If and when any potential product or warranty issues arise, our Technical and R&D staff works very closely with customer s to make sure their 100% satisfaction is met. From the company owners all the way down to the tech dept, (like me) we drive these vehicles on a daily basis and understand that it’s critical that issues are dealt with in a respectable and quick fashion.

Just like you expect to purchase products from a professional company, our staff expects to also be treated professionally and be given the opportunity to correct these issues if any are found.

We have shipped thousands of these SSI intakes and have received glowing reviews from the majority of our fellow enthusiasts. However, if you or anyone else feels there is an issue with any BBK part, we are available by email or phone M-F 8-5, and invite customers to contact us directly to discuss any issues whatsoever.

As I stated before, BBK can and will go above and beyond to help our fellow enthusiasts if we are given the fair opportunity to do so.

To those fellow Mustang enthusiasts reading these threads, our staff at BBK hopes you realize that negative threads do not always hold the merit or validation of the original source and we do strive to deliver the best products possible.

Jon- If you were able to follow the normal procedures and forward us a copy of your original receipt to obtain return authorization # this issue would have already been resolved. However, as you state that you do not have a copy of the invoice and bought the product a show, we would still be willing to go above the normal industry guidelines and issue a return # so that your product can be inspected as many design and feature changes have been incorporated into our SSI intakes over the last few years.

Huh, I was under the impression that this was brought to BBKs attention a good week or more before this thread was started. I believe it was when the injectors kept breaking. :shrug:

Well I do hope that the situation gets resolved amicably and Strype gets the intake properly fixed/replaced by BBK. I still look foreword to seeing how it performs on his car and if the following production units cured all the earlier issues. :nice:

ive had similar dealings with CJ pony parts. i went to order a calibration tube from them and they said it would be 6 weeks. WTF 6 mother ****n weeks.
LATEMODELRESTO HAD IT AT MY DOOR 4 DAYS LATER.

also on the bbk headers. ive ran 2 different sets (1 longtube, 1 pr of shorties) and both of them glowed at nite. and the motor was never lean

TALK ABOUT CHEAP ASS **** :hail2:

ive had similar dealings with CJ pony parts. i went to order a calibration tube from them and they said it would be 6 weeks. WTF 6 mother ****n weeks.
LATEMODELRESTO HAD IT AT MY DOOR 4 DAYS LATER.

also on the bbk headers. ive ran 2 different sets (1 longtube, 1 pr of shorties) and both of them glowed at nite. and the motor was never lean

TALK ABOUT CHEAP ASS **** :hail2:

My BBK headers have been glowing red too in the past. As soon as I fixed the timing problem I had it went away.

6 days? Bryan who wrote that smart Alec response? If you recieved the first email did you not receive that one as well?

Strype said:
Saturday, May 23, 2009 8:29 PM

Hello my name is Jonathan. I bought one of your SSI intakes for my 93 Mustang LX. On the first install the intake's fuel rails seemed to hold fuel pressure. I had to immediately take it back apart to get to my injectors, and it took 6+ hours to get the fuel rails back together so that they would hold pressure. The problem is the tube in between the rails. It leaks. We finally had to use 2 o-rings on one side of the tube, and even now it's hanging on by a prayer. I do not trust it. It appears that it's gonna require some kind of modification. I wanted to contact you guys first. Is there anything I can do? I don't believe it's gonna hold no matter how many orings are in it.

Thanks,

:sleep:

Stangnet.com said:
BBK SSI Intake Warning - 06-17-09, 02:05 PM

In the beginning i leaned your way. Not so much now. Let it go! Honestly, what do you think is going to come of anything you try to accomplish...nothing.

Seems like alot of crying in here...just fix the damn thing and run it...or don't. This is a really SIMPLE fix, yet you haven't done anything to remedy it except to use the same part that failed....yo fault. I can't believe in the 2 -3 years it sat, you didn't do any research on it...yo fault. You've been offered help on here and turned it down...yo fault.

See, what the majority of people that do ANY work that involves ANY type of fuel related work(ya know, fuel rails, inectors, regulators,etc)....they prime the fuel system many times looking for leaks before starting the car! If you had any common sense you'd have done that and found the leak before running the car. Again...yo fault. Let the whole firey?, family death, garage explosion thing go.

Sincerely,
Yo Fault Insurance Company

:D

It was leak tested. It held long enough for the motor to crank. The car was out of time and it shook the whole car. We were losing a tad bit of pressure after looking all over the place. It would drop to about 20psi immediately and hold for a few minutes. We figured it was the new larger rails and the new adjustable fpr.

As for the common sense remark... I'm not going to dignify that with a response. :shrug:

Night all :)

OK. My bad on the date.... I will delete/correct those posts.

Point is this-

If you were able to follow the normal procedures and forward us a copy of your original receipt to obtain return authorization # this issue would have already been resolved. However, as you state that you do not have a copy of the invoice and bought the product a show. We would still be willing to go above the normal industry guidelines and issue a return # so that your product can be inspected as many design and feature changes have been incorporated into our SSI intakes over the last few years.
Do you want to send the intake in?

OK. My bad on the date.... I will delete/correct those posts.

Point is this-

If you were able to follow the normal procedures and forward us a copy of your original receipt to obtain return authorization # this issue would have already been resolved. However, as you state that you do not have a copy of the invoice and bought the product a show. We would still be willing to go above the normal industry guidelines and issue a return # so that your product can be inspected as many design and feature changes have been incorporated into our SSI intakes over the last few years.
Do you want to send the intake in
?

So hold on here a sec, NOW I don't have to pay? After 1300 views across mustang land, almost unknowingly blowing myself up and trying my best to keep my cool while emailing you guys to let you know I have problem only to be told that I need to pay for parts and "Did you have a question"?

Is this what it takes?

Let me make this clear once and for all. To everyone reading this. That first post on page one written a week ago is serving its intended purpose. If it keeps anyone else from having raw gas running down the back of their motor onto their exhaust then it was worth thousands of dollars.

Your company has helped me enough sir.

This thread is serving its purpose and it is reaching its target audience. This is not a one off incident. A little digging on Google will prove that.

And btw, you aren't doing me any favor according to the NHTSA. Industry standard does not cover raw gasoline running onto a hot exhaust pipe and a poor design.

V/R