Beating A R6

• Sponsors (?)

i say the guy cant ride the bike but nice win though cause everyone i know with a bike will destroy cars from a dig...you just gotta know how to ride one they pick em up just a tad all the way through the 1/4 and i believe most of the new 600s are stock low 12s to 11s but dont quote me one it

but drive the mustang FTW:nice:

PlatinumDevil said:
Yeah i was going to question those times myself, but thought i'd just leave it.

New 600's are retarded. The 2006 Yamaha R6 rivals the 2000 R1. They are ridiculously fast, can't wait for the new and improved R1 when it comes out.
My buddy has a 2000 Ninja 600 and no offense to anyone who has one but its the slowest 600cc bike i've ever been on in my life, and its modded.

2000 Yamaha R1 and a 2006 Yamaha 110X Waverunner here (even though its the cheapest yamaha jetski its destroyed every "Seadoo" i've come across so far on the water, plus the 25ft water jet it shoots is just cool)... fun :D.

Buddies ride 06 750GSXR, 2003 CBR600, 2005 CBR600RR, 2004 GSXR1300 (aka the Hayabusa), 2000 ZX6R and then i wont get into all my buds who ride yamaha bikes, i'd be typing for too long. I've got a pretty good idea as to what bikes are capable of and the reliability of different brands. Lets just say i'll be buying either a Suzuki or a Yamaha next time i buy a toy. Or a harley depending on my outlook on life at the time. Entire family rides harleys.

yea your right those 2000 ninja 600s are very slow they were not fuel injected at that time. But to respond to hotmustang its the with my 06 zx6r is compared to the gsxr 750.

But dang i have no idea how you guys pull away from bikes lol especially hanging with them at a roll lol. My stock ZX6R traps in the high 120s to low 130s in stock form. a dig though i can see you pulling for about maybe the 330' mark and then its all over.

The New R6 is not as fast as everyone had thought when it first came out the new r6 is actually one of the slower 600s still. Its with teh gsxr600, it lost to the zx6r and the cbr600rr. Cycle world only got an 11.0 out of it at something like 129 but they said that it was one of the better bikes around a circuit due to the high rpms. The fastest 600 is still the ZX6R that ran a 10.58 at 132 and then coming in behind that as the cbr at something like a 10.8 at 128.

But good race none the less beating a 600 its pretty tough to do. Haha and my friend that owns a 50 trim srt wants a go at my bike except im not a street racer and he is gonna be safe in the car while im on the bike lol im getting the short end of the stick.

hotmustang331 said:
So your ZX-12 would rape a busa then? Everyone I know with busas run high 9s @ 138-140. :shrug: Not sure how you bike trapps 8MPH more and has 100 less CCs.....baybe your a 55# midget? :shrug:
:lol:

I have a Busa as well, I bought as a right-off and turned it into my drag bike. A stock Busa is a little easier to launch than the stock 12R as it's a little lower and has more low end torque so it's a little more managable, but the 12 has slightly more HP [3-4hp] so the trap speeds are usually about the same.
I used to be heavily into drag racing bikes up until about 5 years ago but now I don't do the circuits anymore, I just go out to the local track 5 or 6 times a summer.
In order to get a decent 60ft, I strap down the front [compress the front shocks and use special straps to hold it down] it only takes a few minutes and makes the bike waaaaay easier to launch. I'll see if I can figure out how to post my time slip with the ZX12

Attachments

• 2002ZX12R.gif
    2002ZX12R.gif
    8 KB · Views: 81
04GTMustang said:
The New R6 is not as fast as everyone had thought when it first came out the new r6 is actually one of the slower 600s still. Its with teh gsxr600, it lost to the zx6r and the cbr600rr. Cycle world only got an 11.0 out of it at something like 129 but they said that it was one of the better bikes around a circuit due to the high rpms. The fastest 600 is still the ZX6R that ran a 10.58 at 132 and then coming in behind that as the cbr at something like a 10.8 at 128.

But good race none the less beating a 600 its pretty tough to do. Haha and my friend that owns a 50 trim srt wants a go at my bike except im not a street racer and he is gonna be safe in the car while im on the bike lol im getting the short end of the stick.

What the hell are you talking about dude? The new 06 R6 stock quarter mile time is in the 10.7s @ 132 as tested by sportrider. I recently sold my 03 R6 and it was no slouch by any means. Its going to take a car atleast 500rwhp to keep up with a 600 if the rider can ride the bike worth a ****. Launching is no easy task.

ZaC851 said:
What the hell are you talking about dude? The new 06 R6 stock quarter mile time is in the 10.7s @ 132 as tested by sportrider. I recently sold my 03 R6 and it was no slouch by any means. Its going to take a car atleast 500rwhp to keep up with a 600 if the rider can ride the bike worth a ****. Launching is no easy task.

yea i just saw it from 1 mag and that was cycleworld i think it was and they only got an 11.0 which i thought was weird for the power and weight of it. But i guess its just rider skill. Thanks for clearing that up though. IM still getting use to my bike my dad isnt letting me take it to the track just yet he wants me to have a year of experience on it first lol and then ill be at the track working on the launch.

ZaC851 said:
For what its worth. Here's a vid that I did last year against a 450fwhp turbo civic. Obviously had we went from a stop I would have destroyed him since it was impossible for him to hook up, But from a roll had he had about 50more fwhp it would have been neck and neck.

www.turboinduction.com/vids/r6vscivic.wmv

pretty sweet vid man just becareful. The 50 trim srt wants to race me still lol. he claims that he pulled 4-5 cars on a cbr600rr on pump gas only about 410whp. he wants to run me on race gas and he should lay down 450whp then. My only problem is i hate street racing. Im not looking for a ticket or killing myself or anyone else so im gonna see if he wants to wait till next year and then we can go down to a 1/4 track and race against times.

oh and im still kinda mad cause yesterday someone knocked over my bike in teh walmart parking lot and its only 2.5 weeks old too so im mad cause now ive got scratches on the right side of the bike not bad but its the thought of it that im mad about.

04GTMustang said:
oh and im still kinda mad cause yesterday someone knocked over my bike in teh walmart parking lot and its only 2.5 weeks old too so im mad cause now ive got scratches on the right side of the bike not bad but its the thought of it that im mad about.
i would have been in that Walmart demanding to see those surveilance cameras

Internexus said:
I've had a handful of encounters with bikes, this is with an 01 yamaha R6, the first race (vid) he beat me by about a bike length, second race I had a car on him but sadly I have no video of the 2nd race :(

Enjoy.
http://www.absurdparadox.com/media/hosted/internexus/turtle.avi
I really hate when that happens, on the weekend I finally found time to get the TA back together so my brother who has the same car, same year and I decided to go out to the ummm....track and have a few 1/4 mile runs. My g/f came along with her camera and got two great vids of me getting my a** kicked and one of me winning, then she accidently [so she says :( ] taped over the last vid of me winning, much to everyones delight :bang:
One of my friends has a 92' Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4, pretty cool car.Sure doesn't go like that Stealth of your's though :nice:

DropTopPony said:

I did go and see the cameras but the crap thing is the cameras dont see that far in the back of the parking lot so im just screwed and its gay cause ive got scratches on it well actually more like chips and scrapes in the bike and its only 2.5 weeks old. O well i guess its just a lesson learned never park my bike again just keep riding.

DropTopPony said:

I did go and see the cameras but the crap thing is the cameras dont see that far in the back of the parking lot so im just screwed and its gay cause ive got scratches on it well actually more like chips and scrapes in the bike and its only 2.5 weeks old. O well i guess its just a lesson learned never park my bike again just keep riding.

OH and one more thing i guess ill never go to walmart again because i dont have a walmart going vehicle because the mustang also got hit by a door there too someone hit my passenger side side scoop with the door and crushed in part of it so im pretty mad about that too. All my vehicles get beat up at walmart.

You have to learn to park away from people or atleast park near respected vehicles. Try to avoid parking near cars that are already beat up and it's not too good of an idea to park near suburbans and such since they are likely to have kids which can't really control the door (door dings :nonono: )