Beeping sound..

Jimes

Dec 17, 2003
So.. My 91 gt was stolen and later recovered crashed. It had a different steering wheel without the air bag ( I am assumming that the air bag went off and they went with a cheaper replacement steering wheel). Now whenever I start my car I get a beeping sound coming from where the stock amplifier would be. It's about 5 beeps, pause, 5 beeps, pause for about 20 secs. Then every 30 min while driving it will do it again. Anyone know if this is cause the air bag deployed or what? I am very confused. Any help is apprecciated.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

That is the air bag unit getting pissed off.

It is a baby blue box behind your HVAC controls. you can disconnect it, and that will get rid of your beeping.

It is indicating you that something is wrong with your air bag, or that its not there, which you stated.

Jimes said:
( I am assumming that the air bag went off and they went with a cheaper replacement steering wheel).

Who are "they"? Doesn't sound like a dealership's work. If you want the steering wheel back the way it was, I'd take it back to "them" and show them what it's doing and demand the correct steering wheel and that they make it right. Or, if you don't care about the air bag and like the new wheel, just do as Mavrick suggested and disconnect the blue airbag computer behind the heat/ac controls. It'll stop the beeping, but the "air bag" light will stay lit on the guage cluster unless you remove the bulb for it.
Hope this helps!

Thanks guys I will look for the lil blue thing, no air bag light on now so I don't know which one will annoy me more, the light or the beeping. So you guys are not confused, the car was stolen and crashed, "they" (the people who stole the car) replaced the steering wheel with an older model wheel, 87-88 or so. Thanks for the help guys.