Bell housing bolts

neil_home

Jan 2, 2002
Connecticut
Can anyone help me with the size of the bolts that hold the transmission to the bellhousing. I am guessing they are metric seeing a 3/8 is to small and the 1/2 is to big. I am old (whats this metric stuff) and will probably have to order them to get non coated ones.

TIA, Neil

Also does anyone have a picture of the double hump rear crossmember installed? I need to make something to put this in a car that never had one.

• Sponsors (?)

The 1/2 inch coarse thead is to big. Are you talking about the size wrench I would need for the bolts or the size of the bolts themselves. I am not sure if this bellhousing has been retapped or not and do not have any bolts that came with it. The 3/8 and 1/2 inch bolts I was talking about are standard coarse thread and do not fit. Thats why I think it is metric. And the old style mustang bells used a 3/8 coarse thread. I need to buy the correct ones so I do not mess up the bellhousing I have.

I got this a while back from a search...I hope it is accurate...

Bellhousing to tranny - M12 x 44.5 mm
Bellhousing to block - 7/16 14 pitch x 1 1/2 " long

That is all the info I had...good luck!

If you find out, post back and let us know!

I keep reading they are 7/16"-14 (US coarse thread) x 1.5"-2"

The underhead length varies depending on bellhousing used, but I think the stock 5.0L uses a 1.5" thread length...

they are metric, 11mmx45mm 1.75 pitch

not 7/16th

just did t-5 swap on my t-bird and 11x45mm were the correct size, I replaced a broken one with one from TrueValue

also installed a King Cobra in my GT and the bolts were the same metric size (lost a few :S)