Bell housing confusion… Can you help?

Ricksastar

Nov 1, 2020
CT
I need some clarification. I have a 67 coupe that was an automatic. I am in the midst of making it a manual. I just picked up a T5 world class out of a 93 fox body.

Right now I’m in the search for a bell housing. I’ve run across both the E3ZR and the E6ZR. My understanding is that the E3 came out of an 83 to 85 fox body, which was prior to the World class. I’m having trouble locating an E6 but I see E3 versions everywhere. (Looking for used)

I’ve seen arguments for both working and others saying the E3 limits the clutch size. Has anyone here done this conversion? Anyone successful with the E3?

• Sponsors (?)

Replying to know the answer too. I have a 63 Ranchero I just got a T5 for and am wondering is should use the adapter for the toploader bell or get a fox bell.

Not sure that a limited clutch size matters..unless you are pushing 500HP...in which case I would be far more worried about killing the trans or splitting the block. I mean...I ran 400HP on a 9" clutch disc in one of my old neons...doesn't get much smaller than that