belt is squealing, a/c + smog delete quesiton

• Sponsors (?)

can run a shorter belt without the smog pump and i believe u can do it without the a/c but u will need a very short belt. i have seen them ran with no a/c and i have seen em ran without the smog pump there, but have yet to see it with both although i imagine it can be done.

You can run a short belt just bypassing the smog, I'm doing that now since I took my smog stuff off.

Mac-man, you think no a/c and no smog is a short belt? You should see mine I have for no a/c, no smog, and no power steering! THAT'S a short belt! :)

this is going to sound wierd, but iv never actually bought a belt before. how sould i measure how long of one i need? I know i can take a piece of string and go that route, but should i take off an inch or something from that measurement to account for streaching? Thanks alot!

truthfully i would find a way to make it up to the nearest parts store, and just ask them to pull belts until u find one. measuring is not always very accurate and u will still spend a few trips to the store i bet. but if u wanna try measureing, get some string and route it the way u would ur belt, thenpull the tensioner all the way up, and tighten the string. measure and cut it to find the length of the belt u will need, then use it to have them find u a belt as close to that size as possible