belt routing with blower. problems and more problems

greengoblin95

Sep 29, 2009
have a little situation unless im just not seeing something. i removed my smog and placed an delete kit pulley in its spot. now when i route my belt that was supplied by vortech, the belt is rubbing each other between the tensioner and water pump. i dont know if vortech gave me a faulty bracket that holds my alternator, tensioner and smog or what. im pretty sure that pulley that i added was for a smog, i dont know if an a/c delete pulley is different and if that is what it is. anyone experienced this?
edit: found my actual smog pump delete pulley and the numbers check out. still have the rubbing condition http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt360/greengoblin95/1005091704.jpg

as for my blower, the tension pulley that is on the blower itself, how is that tensioned? the plate that is supplied for the unit seems to do nothing with that pulley. i know that slots for the two bolts are supposed to allow the plate to swing and supposed to reach the pulley, but it doesnt and there isnt a hole for the pulley bolt :shrug:. this kit that i have recieved has been nothing but problems for me. missing hardware.... im just getting very tired with this

• Sponsors (?)

the accessory belt needs to be shorter. get a belt a that is 1/2 to 1" shorter and you'll be fine. I had the same problem after doing a smog delete. The pulley is smaller and causes more slack in the belt.

as far as the blower tensioner, its all manual. there should be a pivot bolt on the blower and two slotted holes. there is a square hole on the bracket that you use a ratchet on to hold tension on it while you tighten it down. this is best done with a friend as doing it yourself makes for a loose belt. trust me on that one.

ill call advance or whoever and see if they have a tad smaller belt. thanks for the input, i had a hard time getting the supplied belt as it was, i might have to get one of my buddies as well.