belt tensioner removal question

1fast95stang

May 19, 2008
95 GT and was putting a new belt tensioner on and cant seem to get the old bolt out. Does anyone know what size it is. 1/4 or 6.5 metric. and also is it reverse threads cuz i cant get mine to budge.

• Sponsors (?)

hey thanks for the help it was a torx bit. It was so hard because you cant get to eye level so i just thought it was a hex head. Got it off and the new tensioner doesnt slam into the stop and make a horrible noise. thanks a ton

hey thanks for the help it was a torx bit. It was so hard because you cant get to eye level so i just thought it was a hex head. Got it off and the new tensioner doesnt slam into the stop and make a horrible noise. thanks a ton
Man I've been trying to figure out where is that noise coming from for a while. I can only hear it when slowing down or at idle and also when the AC kicks on. It's sounds like almost metal hitting on metal. Finally i got one of those statoscopes I think is called I think I can hear that noise when I touch the tensioner on the idler pulley. Thanks for the clarification on the torx vs the hex bolt. I hope this fix my problem...going to AutoZone tomorrow .

95 GT and was putting a new belt tensioner on and cant seem to get the old bolt out. Does anyone know what size it is. 1/4 or 6.5 metric. and also is it reverse threads cuz i cant get mine to budge.
Do you remember if is reverse thread ?...cause my won't budge either...I was trying to go counter clock and I'm afraid to brake the bolt. Thanks in advance for the reply.