Benefits of running a 65mm TB

• Sponsors (?)

65mm TB

I've used one on my Turbocoupe last year for a bit. It lets alot more air in and consequently you get much quicker throttle response. If you have a CAI system and free flowing exhaust it may be worth it , otherwise I'd say don't.

kits

I am running the Tiny avenger kit on my svo and it didnt show any HP increase on a stock set up but the throttle response was definatly noticable. Now I have switched things arround it would be interesting to dyno again with the stock TB vs the 65mm to see if there is a top end change.

for a N/A motor there is virtually no gain. the Restriction is in the head design and exaust, not the throttle body. If you install too large of a TB you will actually Hurt performance but slowing down the velocity of the air. 4 cyls breathe only 1 cyl at a time. The stock one is plenty.

Dr.

I run a 60mm on my svo and the throttle response on my LX (stock TB) feels dead in comparison. It's the TB they should have put on the Turbocars in the first place.

I wouldn't use the adapter though, that way you still have a bottle neck. I'd tap new holes and port the upper intake to match the bigger TB.

I'm putting the big TB on my LX soon as I have some spare wrench time.

Probably not its thats all that you change.

Remember to see any gain you have to attack the restrictions. Which woulf become the upper intake, then the lower, then the head.

I put one on the coupe so I would have one for the pinto and with no other changes I didn't notice anything.

How

140cilx said:
I wouldn't use the adapter though, that way you still have a bottle neck. I'd tap new holes and port the upper intake to match the bigger TB.

How is it a bottle neck, the adaptor hole is 70mm? As long as you use the adaptor as a template to open up the intake you should be fine.

If you just slap the adaptor onto the intake without opening it up you you are right it is a waste of time.

NY Eric said:
How is it a bottle neck, the adaptor hole is 70mm? As long as you use the adaptor as a template to open up the intake you should be fine.

If you just slap the adaptor onto the intake without opening it up you you are right it is a waste of time.

Hey Eric, what you said. :nice: