Bent two rims...

DaveB

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2002
Middlesex and Pomona, NJ
Yup, bent 2 of the stock 16*7.5s on the passanger side :notnice: . The snow around has caused the plows to totally eat up the road down here in south Jersey. Friday night I was driving around and did hit a couple huge potholes, but I didn't think that they would bend a stock rim, or two. Good side of this is, it lets me put my 03 Cobras on a little early :banana: . I have friends that have 18s with 35 series tires and 1 of them has bent a rim, but I was shocked when I saw that I had bent a stocker. Well I guess Ill just have to use the remaining good two for some ET Streets :nice: .

Would this be a good idea with my T5? I've heard some horror stories with slicks and the stock trans, but you also hear those stories of guys running 1.7 60s with a T5. Since this is my daily driver, would it be a better idea to put some drag radials on them for the occasional track use and not risk breaking my trans? Maybe some 255/50-16 BFGs?

:owned: by the potholes.

• Sponsors (?)

DaveB said:
Yup, bent 2 of the stock 16*7.5s on the passanger side :notnice: . The snow around has caused the plows to totally eat up the road down here in south Jersey. Friday night I was driving around and did hit a couple huge potholes, but I didn't think that they would bend a stock rim, or two. Good side of this is, it lets me put my 03 Cobras on a little early :banana: . I have friends that have 18s with 35 series tires and 1 of them has bent a rim, but I was shocked when I saw that I had bent a stocker. Well I guess Ill just have to use the remaining good two for some ET Streets :nice: .

Would this be a good idea with my T5? I've heard some horror stories with slicks and the stock trans, but you also hear those stories of guys running 1.7 60s with a T5. Since this is my daily driver, would it be a better idea to put some drag radials on them for the occasional track use and not risk breaking my trans? Maybe some 255/50-16 BFGs?

:owned: by the potholes.

I have hoosier slicks and i ahve not had any problems, but maby that is because i suck :rlaugh: