Best Aftermarket Radio for 2006 Mustang GT

• Sponsors (?)

I ended up buying an Alpine single DIN 9883 head unit. It's pretty cool, does what I need it to regarding the iPod. It looks much better than the shaker 500. Went to the LA auto show and found that this weekend you'd get 50% off. I really wanted the Alpine with nav and dvd but just couldn't justify it.

Anyways thanks again!

Hi all, I've been lurking for a while, but had to give some props to the Pioneer FH-P8000BT.

I just recently installed one in my 2006 GT with the Shaker 500 and I absolutely love it! I wanted a new head unit primarily so I could hook up my ipod. This unit does that very well - controls the ipod from the head unit or the ipod and as an added bonus also has Bluetooth for your phone, which I've found to work great as well.

I only have a couple complaints, one is the with the AM reception. With the stock Shaker 500 unit I got very good AM reception, and now can only pick up a handful of stations? The other complaint would be that it has kind of a steep learning curve. However, once you figure out the navigation it's actually pretty fast.

Anyway it's relatively inexpensive, has a nice factory appearance and works well.

Cheers!

Drew