Best battery for under $100

• Sponsors (?)

Call me a Sears redneck, but if it's not an Optima, it's a Die Hard. I had this '83 with a 351W for about 2 years, and i bought one for it when i got the car. Over those 2 years of trying to get the car running right, and cranking cranking cranking, never getting any alternator charge or anything, and sitting outside for those 2 years, it held a charge. I pulled it out and dropped it in my current '85 and it fired right up. Die Hard Gold.

jtkz13 said:
I'm gonna need a new one this year, and I dont want or need an Optima. I havent ever had to buy a battery, so I need some suggestions/opinions. :nice:

Everyone has their experience.

I settled on Autozone Gold.

Not that it is any better battery than any other, but because there are lots of Autozone stores here in the southeast, and they are usually open 7 days, late, and have been as easy to deal with as anyone.

I did Sears for awhile, but they were very un customer oriented.

None of these stores will have 100% reliable clerks, so getting them to test a battery is not a final say for good or bad.

I have generally gotten to the point where, if it is 2 or more years old, the alternator is working, I replace it. Sometimes you have to discuss it persuasively with them, but I tell them they can test it after I get my new one and leave.... :spot: :spot: :spot: