Best Brake rotors for the money?

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
i need new front brake rotors BAD....my front wheel shakes when the brakes arnt even pressed, and gets worse as i hit em.

Now my last 2 sets have been autozone and they WARP soo easily, so what can i get without breaking my poor bank?

thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

about 3 years ago i went with ford motorsports Heavy Duty rotors. i think there 13 inch. there're bigger than stock cobras anyway. NOT slotted or drilled and work great. i'm not a big fan of slotted or cross drilled rotors on a street/drag car. if you hit road courses than its a different story. but the bigger heavy duty rotors have been doing the job great. i couldn't be happier.

donkey_punch said:
about 3 years ago i went with ford motorsports Heavy Duty rotors. i think there 13 inch. there're bigger than stock cobras anyway.
Cobra brake rotors are 13 inch.

i'm not a big fan of slotted or cross drilled rotors on a street/drag car. if you hit road courses than its a different story.
It's actually the other way around. Modern race pads generally don't outgas, street pads do. And the high temperature you get on a road course can make cross drilled rotors a liability. Other than that, I agree with you -- cross drilled & slotted rotors are both for bling.

but the bigger heavy duty rotors have been doing the job great. i couldn't be happier.
It's worth noting that upgrading to 13 inch rotors will require new calipers as well.

Dave