Best Carnauba Wax?

Tru_Blue_104

Nov 13, 2003
MN
I need the best wax (staying affordable). But it NEEDS to be a carnauba wax. I want to try something that a guy who used to make them told me about. Apparently you are supposed to wash your car, then use a good carnauba wax. Then drive it for about a week, then do it again. You do this about 3 or 4 times, so then you have a really good build up of wax and it just sheets the water off like nothing else. Let me know guys...

• Sponsors (?)

affordible http://www.autogeek.net/s1capawax.html
As far as "stacking" or "layering" that depends on the product being used. Some carnuba waxes contain cleaners that will just strip the old layers off. Making layering a waste of product. S100 contains no cleaners if I remember correctly but layering will not get you more protection just a deeper shine (in most cases). Layering will not give more prtoection against the enviroment.

All waxes contain solvents so layering will not even create a deeper shine as the next layer will be detrimental to the first layer.

Any wax left over to haze is wasted wax and the only thing two layers of wax is good for is to make sure you have complete coverage, nothing else.

Now sealants can be layered, paste and liquid carnauba waxes cannot (well they can but there is no benefit).

Anthony

Anthony Orosco said:
All waxes contain solvents so layering will not even create a deeper shine as the next layer will be detrimental to the first layer.

Any wax left over to haze is wasted wax and the only thing two layers of wax is good for is to make sure you have complete coverage, nothing else.

Now sealants can be layered, paste and liquid carnauba waxes cannot (well they can but there is no benefit).

Anthony
No not all carnuba waxes contain solvents. I use Megs #16 and it contains no solvents to the best of my kowledge. Sealants can be layered if and only if they are given enough time to properly cure. For example Megs NXT needs 24hrs to fully cure before another layer can be added.

wytstang said:
No not all carnuba waxes contain solvents. I use Megs #16 and it contains no solvents to the best of my kowledge. Sealants can be layered if and only if they are given enough time to properly cure. For example Megs NXT needs 24hrs to fully cure before another layer can be added.

They do contain solvents. If not how would they soften the carbauba wax which is as hard as a rock in its natural form?

Liquid waxes contain more solvent level than do pastes but they all have solvents.

Anthony

I feel that all products should list an ingredient list.

for instantce. i don't like buying things with teflon in it. or if something like a solvent or cleaner if i know its point less to use it after you start finishing the process.