Best code scanner?

click

Nov 13, 2003
I'm looking for a good code scanner...I saw the actron at pep boys but i want a digital one that will just tell me which code instead of counting and what not. I also what to be able to get an extenstion cable for is so i dont have to run back and forth. Whats a good one to get either online or in the stores, doesn't matter. THANKS!

• Sponsors (?)

I think that CSK sells one that is what you are lookin for. someone on here bought it from Midway Auto, IIRC. 32 bucks for the reader and i dont know how much for the cable.

sorry to not have more info.

good luck.

I just bought the auto x-ray ez-scan 2000 for about $200 at my local auto store. It not only read all the codes from my 94 gt, but also ran it through a series of engine running tests. I have yet to find a car I haven't been able to scan as it does come with 4 cables.

hotrodnut said:
Ok, sorry about that, then how about this one. :D Thanks for setting me straight about that. :nice:
http://www.iequus.com/item.asp?cid=10&pid=3145
no problem - I only posted since some future searcher might read this thread and get the wrong idea. :)

Chris came through with the links I was thinking of in my first post. I think his and your reader were the same. good stuff.

that yellow and black one they sell at walmart for like 33 bucks I just bought one a couple weekends ago told me the problem and i fixed it and the light has never came back on :nice: I only used it that one time but i'm sure its good enough for a here an there check on something

I think i may just go to kragen and get the EQUUS. Its probably 30 something bucks there. I saw on EQUUS that kragen carries it and it they dont have it i may buy it online with that extension cable. How's the one from wal-mart cause the closest wal-mart is like 20 mins away. Yeah i know thats weird. I live in south cali and theres no dang wal-marts in burbank lol. I swear we have everything except wal-mart and an arbys. it sucks... I was in nevada and i was in a city with a population of like 15,000 and they had two wal-marts

I have the one with an LED only because my 88 does not have a CEL. otherwise, i would use a paperclip to pull codes if contemplating one like I have. this new one is kinda neat. otherwise though, a paperclip works.

just my two cents.

HISSIN50 said:
I have the one with an LED only because my 88 does not have a CEL. otherwise, i would use a paperclip to pull codes if contemplating one like I have. this new one is kinda neat. otherwise though, a paperclip works.

just my two cents.

Sorry OT HISSIN50 do you really almost have 10k posts?

Dustin

CManT1914 said:

Chris hit that one right one the money.
That is the one that I have. It works great also the extension cable comes in handy. just sit in the car and let it do all the work. It has save me $$$ cause i was about to start replacing sensors when all my ECU needed was the codes cleared off of it. I had never delt with that company but they do good service and shipping was quick.

SuperDust22 said:
Sorry OT HISSIN50 do you really almost have 10k posts?

Dustin
Yep, that is for real. I am not enough of a 'chatty' guy to be in tight with the higher-ups or anything to have had my count fudged (I would have been around 10K if the crash had not occurred).

I enjoy the people on this forum, which is one reason I post a lot in here. :)