Best distributor and coil for 5.0?

• Sponsors (?)

MSD. I hope someone chimes in about the MSD TFI modules though, I hear that, though every other part of the distributor is bullet proof that their TFI modules are sub par.

i was thinkin of goin with the 5.0 msd ignition kit that jegs sells. has the msd pro billet distributor, msd blaster 2 coil, msd 6al ignition box, msd 8.5mm super conductor plug wires, and ngk v-power spark plugs.

Right now i'm running a Malory Unilite disy with a stock EFI coil...works great. I'll be running a Malory Comp 9000 disy this summer though (once i get to work and put it in) but i'm not sure about a better coil yet. I'm also gonna look into an ignition box so that i've got some kind of rev limiter.

I am going to go with a crane HI-6 CD ignition , they have the HI-6S (inductive) which is about as good as the MSD6AL , with coil and wiring harness for $169 from summit , part number is 6000-6301

if you want the HI-6 CD kit you have to get these 3 numbers

6000-6440 $215.95 ignition
6000-6707 $19.88 harness
730-0092 $69.88 coil

Total $305.71

My stock dizzy has been working flawless on my setup up until when I dropped it on the ground when I was doing some engine work. I replaced it with a billet one from ebay and that's been doing fine also. If it were me, I'd get a stock dizzy, they work fine. You're not going to find any performance gains by upgrading a distributor.