Best engine for a 97 F-150 extnded cab ? MachI? lightning? Please help...

jones

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2001
Miami Florida
Hello,

I just got a 1997 Ford F-150 extended cab with the 4.6 and auto trans. The truck is in perfect conditions exept for the mileage on the engine (185K).

I would like to make the truck fast and fun to drive (like all the cars i get :D ) and i plan on putting a new engine. My question is:

Whats the best engine (hp and easy to install) that i can put on the truck?
Is it hard to put a lightning engine in there? what would i need? what about a mach I crate engine? will my trans hold up?

I am new to modular and i dont know anything about them, so please bare with me here.

Any help or knowledge would be great.

Thakns...

• Sponsors (?)

jones said:
Hello,

I just got a 1997 Ford F-150 extended cab with the 4.6 and auto trans. The truck is in perfect conditions exept for the mileage on the engine (185K).

I would like to make the truck fast and fun to drive (like all the cars i get :D ) and i plan on putting a new engine. My question is:

Whats the best engine (hp and easy to install) that i can put on the truck?
Is it hard to put a lightning engine in there? what would i need? what about a mach I crate engine? will my trans hold up?

I am new to modular and i dont know anything about them, so please bare with me here.

Any help or knowledge would be great.

Thakns...

I would look for a Lincoln Navitagor Engine. 5.4L 4 Valve 300 HP is a pretty good place to start.

Black2001GT said:
I would look for a Lincoln Navitagor Engine. 5.4L 4 Valve 300 HP is a pretty good place to start.

That really sounds like a good choise. big engine with 4 valves. :nice:

Do you know if it would be a straight forward bolt on job or do i have to modify other things? Also, can i put a roots type blower on it like a lightning blower or cobra blower? I ask because i can get them relativelly cheap.

Thanks alot for the help...