Best engine

Luca11

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
Hey guys lookin for some opinions, have a notchback and am lookin to give it some serious balls!! So the question is keep the 302 and build or do 351w or 03 cobra engine. Lookin for atleast 500hp with plently of room just in case i want to add more power and not worry abt cracking the block!! So all opinions and advice would be completely appreciated!! Thx

• Sponsors (?)

Roller Windsors are known to support 700-800+. I've heard stories of guys pushing the early non-roller blocks much North of that. Termi motors have been known to support 4 digit power. There are pros and cons to both.

Some people wont like this answer, but, a turbo 4.8, 5.3 or 6.0 LS motor will make 500 hp at around 10-12psi of boost from say a 76 or 80mm turbo and the motor will survive at much higher HP levels.

I saw a stock 6.0 motor at the track on black friday that has been a best of 9.1x at 150ish mph on a stock truck engine with a BW s480 turbo

Some people wont like this answer, but, a turbo 4.8, 5.3 or 6.0 LS motor will make 500 hp at around 10-12psi of boost from say a 76 or 80mm turbo and the motor will survive at much higher HP levels.

I saw a stock 6.0 motor at the track on black friday that has been a best of 9.1x at 150ish mph on a stock truck engine with a BW s480 turbo

ohh they make more that 500, LOL.

But I have a serious question for the OP. How old are you? What's your background?