Best H/C/I Piece by piece

miller92063

Oct 12, 2005
Nebraska
I have decided against the supercharger do to the fact that i can net almost the same power by doing the H/C/I swap.

But what are the best pieces for the job.

I am thinking:

Performer rpm 2 intake
Afr 185 heads--will they fit stock pistons?
Custom ground cam-- from who?
Scorpion roller rockers
New timing set--- any ideas?
36Lb injectors
Summit maf

Any more ideas/thoughts. All would be appreciated.
anyone have thoughts on overall power on this combo. I'm thinking I could be at 300-310 ponies. Which will hold me over untill i add a 347 or supercharger!

• Sponsors (?)

why not the trick flow kit?---track heat of course

then when you get the stroker you can have those heads hogged out by fox lake or someone.

36 inj are too big for the interim---good for a n/a 347

heres my take though:
if you buy 185's now they will be smallish for a healthy 347, so new heads will be needed. the afr's can be sold for a few bucks to offset the cost of the new heads.
same goes for the trick flow, with the added cost being the port job.
why not just slap some cheapy "p" heads on there, use your stock rockers, e-cam, and then when it comes stroker time you can sell the heads for what you paid for them, you are not out a few bucks on a custom cam, you can use stock inj/maf, etc....

bascially if you plan on doing a 347 don't buy a whole bunch of parts to "hold you over" that will need to be upgraded again.

do it right the first time and save yourself $$$$$$

bimmertech said:
why not the trick flow kit?---track heat of course

then when you get the stroker you can have those heads hogged out by fox lake or someone.

36 inj are too big for the interim---good for a n/a 347

heres my take though:
if you buy 185's now they will be smallish for a healthy 347, so new heads will be needed. the afr's can be sold for a few bucks to offset the cost of the new heads.
same goes for the trick flow, with the added cost being the port job.
why not just slap some cheapy "p" heads on there, use your stock rockers, e-cam, and then when it comes stroker time you can sell the heads for what you paid for them, you are not out a few bucks on a custom cam, you can use stock inj/maf, etc....

bascially if you plan on doing a 347 don't buy a whole bunch of parts to "hold you over" that will need to be upgraded again.

do it right the first time and save yourself $$$$$$

Makes a lotts sense to me :nice:

Ole Ben ... he is a wise one :hail2:

Buy stuff ONLY once :D

Grady

First i think 36lb injectors are way too big
Second i have afr 185s and my pistons had to be notched.
third i have a cutom xe cam from crane cams 544 lift 212 int and 218 exh pretty healthy lift with not too much duration, with 6.300 rods and 1.72 rockers
i have the holley sytemax upper and lower with a 75mm throttle body and 80mm mass air and im using 24lb injectors and that is definately plenty. just my input.....:shrug:

final5-0 said:
Makes a lotts sense to me :nice:

Ole Ben ... he is a wise one :hail2:

Buy stuff ONLY once :D

Grady

if only i could heed my own advice :nonono:

drakesdad---from what i have seen from head porters like fox lake, the trick flow can be ported to flow rates just shy of a good ported vic jr(this does not even factor that the tf will have a smaller runner size thus increasing velocity). if i had to do over i would have bought the trick flow's instead of my afr's for this reason. i am beginning to peice together a 347 and for the price(for my situation) the vic jr makes sense, however if i had a set of trick flows after the port work i would come out a little cheaper---even after i sell the afr's to compensate for the new head cost of the vic jr's. it makes sense in my head, i apologize if this does not make sense in writing.

summary:
ported trick flows=308cfm
ported vic jr's=320cfm

drakesdad said:
Ben...makes sense........I am just looking down th road......way down the road....:rlaugh: ....as long as I have the whole TFS set up might as well figure a plan that they will work with.......thanks
Will
i wish i could have seen down the road, but my road twists and turns too damn much :rlaugh: