Best Intake Period...?

• Sponsors (?)

Eeeh i used a Track heat...loved it....But alot of people swear my the Holley Systemax....if you can find one!!! Personally I have a 351 so i just use a 351 efi intake and havent done the 302 thing in years. Trickflow does probably have the widest array of intakes you could ever want for your 302.

68y99v.gif

there is no one best intake period.

Yeah Ide say its based on application....the pushrod 5.0 has been around so long that you're probably looking at the best offerings for intake you will ever see. Some will Net a couple more HP and lose TQ and vise versa...But they're all pretty good. Outside of the Chinese stuff...But i can gurantee you that one day even the Chinese will start making aggressively competitive intakes/ heads at some point. Hell they produce more stuff than America.

yep, one intake is perfect to N/A, another perfect to Supercharged/turbo/leaf blower.

it all depends, what you wanna do, where you wanna rev, what your gonna use it in, etc etc etc. Can't go wrong with the trick flow intakes, I think their lowers flow the best. I love my OE Cobra intake, but the lower sucked, so it was ported by fox lake. The GT40 tube is great, but if you can find one... the vortech/saleen is great"if you can find one"... holley systemax... if you can find one. but... it all truly depends what you want your car/engine/foot to do.

half the FRPP and other performance catalogues comes from China :shrug:

OP, what is your set up? Need to know what you are working with before anyone can suggest an intake.

Will never happen, they have had plenty of time to try and get in the US market and have the chinese stuff that has been on the market, is junk

Give the Chinese a few years and their quality will be top notch like the Japanese and Koreans. The latter also produced junk in their early manufacturing years but look at them now.

half the FRPP and other performance catalogues comes from China :shrug:

And what does everyone say about the chinese cobra intakes? that they are junk, professional products is also chinese and the castings are terrible and need clean up work in the ports to be equal to the design that they ripped off

you cant really compare the chinese stuff to edelbrock, holley, or trick flow when it comes to quality and performance

And what does everyone say about the chinese cobra intakes? that they are junk, professional products is also chinese and the castings are terrible and need clean up work in the ports to be equal to the design that they ripped off

you cant really compare the chinese stuff to edelbrock, holley, or trick flow when it comes to quality and performance

not trying to sway people away from the US brands, just stating that half the crap that those very same companies are selling are made in china with a shiney sticker placed over the made in china stamp.

Over the years I have purchased items from summit, jegs, FRPP, and Holley only to find they were cast/assembled in other countries. Heads/intakes may be finished in america, but the the rough cast comes from elsewhere. Items purchased have been heads, intakes, fuel pumps, and various device controllers.

my setup is going to be 306 gt 40 worked heads with trickflow springs and 1.7 rr, trick flow stage 2 cam, on3 turbo, and im not sure if i will be using stock pistons or not yet, if anyone would chime in there also.