Best location for exhaust cut outs

Woody3882

5 Year Member
Jun 19, 2018
Bradenton Fl 34212
I just purchased a new exhaust system and Granelli dual exhaust cut outs that I am going to be installing on my 65. I know the space is limited but was wondering if anyone else that has done the same install could give any recommendations. Location, how close to the mufflers, best position, angle, any info from those that have done it would be appreciated.
Thanks
Woody

• Sponsors (?)

This one looks nice.
If you can put em close to mufflers and angle the outlets to blow tire smoke out of wheel wells your burnouts will look cooler.
I've only seen/heard a couple in person and both had a slight exhaust leak sound when closed.
I think the Granelli uses band clamps to hold the turn downs, so maybe fab a swappable cap to get past safety inspections

I've been eyeballing these setups lately. Thinking about getting some too.

th-31.jpeg
2017-02-09_17-47-11.jpg

I just purchased a new exhaust system and Granelli dual exhaust cut outs that I am going to be installing on my 65. I know the space is limited but was wondering if anyone else that has done the same install could give any recommendations. Location, how close to the mufflers, best position, angle, any info from those that have done it would be appreciated.
Thanks
Woody
I'm curious how you positioned yours, since I have a pair of these that I'd like to install. I'm mostly concerned about ground clearance and trying to avoid having them hang too low.

People always complain about exhaust leaks with cutouts....if you do get them and want to avoid exhaust leaks, I highly siggest the type you actually physically bolt on instead of the remote version...they seal a lot better. If I were to go remote cut-out and wanted a good seal....I would design a system from scratch based on slide throttle plates:

IMG_8849.jpg

Complicated...but certain to be better sealing....at least assuming exhaust gasses didnt gum it up.