Best lowering Kit.

Jmed05GT

Feb 26, 2019
Massachusetts
Hey guys,

I bought my 05 GT back in February and I’ve been upgrading and replacing a lot of worn high mileage stuff. The car cam already lowered with a set of eibach pro kit with include dampeners and struts. Well, I don’t know how much these springs are supposed to lower the car but I’ve had the car bottom out a couple of times driving through dips in the road. Long story short; I hate it. Is there a kit that lowers the car a little less than these spring? I believe it’s a 1 1/2 inch drop. Will the ford performance handling pack raise the ride height of this? What are you guys running for springs and how do you prevent bottoming out?

• Sponsors (?)

Well I'm not sure what springs come with the handling pack but I believe FRPP makes springs that only lower the car 1". The "P" springs were rated for that much but I think they are now out of production. Personally I'm running BMR linear rate springs which lower the car 1.5", but yes I might be hitting the bumpstops on some of the larger springs.

Question, were the rear bump stops cut down? There's a chance the springs were installed and the bump stops were never cut down, and that's why you keep bottoming out.

I had a similar thing on my 2005.
I bought the car with eibach springs, they were 1.25 I believe, and not the pro series. Regardless, it sucked as I was scraping everything and with the chin spoiler on my Roush it was twice as bad.
I had a full Roush suspension package put on by a local shop. The Roush springs are 1” which don’t sound like much of a difference, but it is. In actual ride height I gained like an inch I think in the distance the car sits in relation to the wheel and the spoiler moved up enough to get over a parking block. Also driveways which were impossible before I could now carefully drive.
So I raised my car up with the Roush springs and it handles like a dream.
My advice is to keep the springs on a street driven car to 1” or less, if you go more, I would suggest keeping it on the track as for driving your going to hit it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

I bought my 05 GT back in February and I’ve been upgrading and replacing a lot of worn high mileage stuff. The car cam already lowered with a set of eibach pro kit with include dampeners and struts. Well, I don’t know how much these springs are supposed to lower the car but I’ve had the car bottom out a couple of times driving through dips in the road. Long story short; I hate it. Is there a kit that lowers the car a little less than these spring? I believe it’s a 1 1/2 inch drop. Will the ford performance handling pack raise the ride height of this? What are you guys running for springs and how do you prevent bottoming out?
Check out American Muscle they have just about everything you need for your car.