Best lowering springs to use with Mach 1 shocks / struts

Quadgod

Jul 7, 2005
I recently purchased a brand new set of Mach 1 shocks & struts for $180.00. I fiqured this was a great deal so I couldn't refuse. My car is a 2001 GT. My question is what lowering springs are proven to be a good ride when combined with these S/S? I've been looking at FMS B or C, Steeda Sports & Eibach Pro-kit since these are all within 1"-1.5" of drop. I will be installing 18" Saleen wheels & want it to look as good as possible. I don't want to wind up with too much gap in the wheel wells as this tends to look bad. What do you guys think ? Any photos would be a huge help.

• Sponsors (?)

best match with Mach 1shock and struts? wouldn't that be Mach 1 spring? i mean Ford spent million researching that combo, and was found good enough to use it on their car. i think that means thats best match with each other?

mity2 said:
vest match with Mach 1shock and struts? wouldn't that be Mach 1 spring? i mean Ford spent million researching that combo, and was found good enough to use it on their car. i think that means thats best match with each other?

:stupid: I would suggest the B springs. Those are the springs on the Bullit/Mach 1's. If you dont want to go with them then maybe the Eibach Prokit.

If you go with FMS use the "F" springs. They give a little more drop than the 'B' & 'C' springs. The ride is almost like stock and they will work well with the Mach 1 strut/shock combo. If you want a little stiffer ride then go with the Steeda or Eibach, both use about a 650lb rate in the front. You almost won't notice a 1" drop unless you park next to a stock Mustang, 1.5" looks about right.

Get Ford B springs. Very similiar to the Pro-kit but ALOT cheaper. You can get then for $148 to the door from Summit.

The car rides perfect and looks awesome. My car is .5" off curbs, any lower and I'd have problems.

K-Mans parts on E-Bay has the for $179.00 & Speedconcepts.com has them on sale for $195.00. These are the best prices I've found. I actually paid $176.95 through Kmans since 1 set was being auctioned.