best lt header

• Sponsors (?)

87 blown stang said:
whats the best long tube header to use? also are any of them easier to put on than others? what about bassani? i was told they come in pieces and you have to assemble them.

I have BBK's and they were a nightmare to install. I can't imagine any others being easier though.. the problem is getting to all of the header bolts. Even if the header came in pieces, you'd still be fudging around trying to get all the bolts off (and then on again).

I've heard dropping the K-Member saves time in the long run.. I didn't do this so I can only speak from what I've heard. I just lifted the motor up a few inches and did it that way.

:shrug:

-g

prunedawg said:
im going with mac. they are hts coated. not crome like the bbk's. if you dont go cermaic coated they are fairly resonable. the macs im ordering are only $369
Yes, but Mac's are absolute crap. Read above, you get what you pay for. Mac's have about the worst rep as far as headers go, as any of them. They warp at the flange and that famous HTS coating will be gone before your first year is up. I've owned a set myself and had I had the choice to do it all again, I would have spent a little more money on a better header.