Best Match 87-89 Smoke Gray Interior Paint?

gearheadboy

15 Year Member
Jan 15, 2003
Greencastle Pa
Greetings all. I am restoring my interior in my 88 GT. It is OEM smoke gray. I don't want to paint everything, just a few items. What rattle can matches best in your experience? I know LMR and CJ's sell what it labeled for my car but has anyone had good luck with a particular color match? I like SEM but not sure what to buy. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If I'm not mistaken I believe the LMR aerosols are now of the SEM brand.
*Unfortunately none of the aftermarket interior paints will match perfectly because of age, fading and discolorations of your interior. Every original plastic and vinyl part in the interior has aged differently and have gone different directions of color. Typically not too noticeable until you start repainting.
I've used the LMR smoke grey paint for years maintening my '88 vert and '89 Saleen and it matches the original color pretty good but not perfect.
More than likely you'll end up repainting more than you plan to.

The SEM is a good product as well and can be purchased at most local paint and body supply stores. I've used it on other vehicles. Works great!
SEM also has a great trim paint for the exterior trim of our Fox cars. Matches perfect.

Good Luck

Reactions: 1 user