• h-pipe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • true dual exaust

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • :shrug:

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
whats the best mods for a v-6 mustang, we need some thing b/c import v-6 SEDANS are whopin up on us stock for stock.

so after some chassis stiffining what works best?? any ideas on what the best exaust is? 2" dia. or 2.25"? maybe 2.5"??

• Sponsors (?)

Best "quick" mods I believe would be chassis stiffening, shocks struts and springs, rear gears/diff, short-throw shifter for manual, bigger wheels/tires....
Don't forget about brakes - they're at least as important as anything else, and take very little effort and only slightly more money to upgrade the rotors and pads.

After that, you can work on the engine and/or forced induction.

Esel said:
Best "quick" mods I believe would be chassis stiffening, shocks struts and springs, rear gears/diff, short-throw shifter for manual, bigger wheels/tires....
Don't forget about brakes - they're at least as important as anything else, and take very little effort and only slightly more money to upgrade the rotors and pads.

After that, you can work on the engine and/or forced induction.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! No! Trust me your brakes are fine. Shocks/struts/springs will really only help you at highway speeds and can throw off the weight transfer of the car. Get a 2.25" exhaust and some 4.10 gears/tlok if u have auto or 3.73s/tlok if you have manual. That will get u close to a v6 accord 0-60 or better depending on ur model mustang.

ganador01 said:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! No! Trust me your brakes are fine. Shocks/struts/springs will really only help you at highway speeds and can throw off the weight transfer of the car. Get a 2.25" exhaust and some 4.10 gears/tlok if u have auto or 3.73s/tlok if you have manual. That will get u close to a v6 accord 0-60 or better depending on ur model mustang.
what about sloted cross drilled rotars(sp.) for looks behind some bling bling wheels. will they help the pads or help stop the car any more or less?

Stallion said:
what about sloted cross drilled rotars(sp.) for looks behind some bling bling wheels. will they help the pads or help stop the car any more or less?
They supposedly help to reduce brake fade by dissipating heat more efficiently. I have drove the heck out of those brakes, though, and not notiiced any fade even on the hottest of days. And this is after 30,000 miles. The brakes we have are fine, any upgrades are either for track use or cosmetic effect, IMHO.