Best Mufflers for Stock 5.0?

• Sponsors (?)

CobraGT87 said:
I hope you know that running an exhaust setup like that is hurting your TQ and HP. it may sound loud as H, but your going slower I guarante ya.
These motors need back pressure to run right.

Scott

not entirely true...im running shorties an o/r h pipe and dynomax bullets...yes they are loud...but i definetly am making more power...i can feel it from the start line all the way to the red line. i also used to have 2.5 h pipe going into 2.25 flows...now i have 2.5 all the way. i know what you mean about the back pressure and i agree...but i think it only loses power if you run a really big exhaust like 3 inches or bigger

1qckFOX said:
Mac mufflers sounds nice. I got Mac mufflers and a mac o/r H- pipe and i love the way it sounds. I got a clip but don't know how to post it.

dude, you got to post this clip. i need to hear it. i have a mac catback in my basement waiting to be installed after winter.

how bug is the file??

CobraGT87 said:
I hope you know that running an exhaust setup like that is hurting your TQ and HP. it may sound loud as H, but your going slower I guarante ya.
These motors need back pressure to run right.

ECU5.0 said:
not entirely true...im running shorties an o/r h pipe and dynomax bullets...yes they are loud...but i definetly am making more power...i can feel it from the start line all the way to the red line. i also used to have 2.5 h pipe going into 2.25 flows...now i have 2.5 all the way. i know what you mean about the back pressure and i agree...but i think it only loses power if you run a really big exhaust like 3 inches or bigger.
Besides, I think those stock crimped sad excuses for stock headers are probably providing plenty of back-pressure for his set up

I've got the Flowmaster Delta-Flow 2 chambers on a stock exhaust- NO DRONE unlike the old 2 chambers before they added the additional baffles, awesome low rumble at idle and badass when you stomp the loud pedal! Got them for $57 ea on Ebay. Just ordered the shorty headers, not on yet but looking forward to it!