Best Mustang book ever???

66P51GT

Nov 7, 2003
Cerritos, CA
Mustang Forty Years

I received this book for Christmas from my sister-in-law. Photographs are phenomenal. Historical story of Ford pre-war through the ban on racing in the early 60s and the birth of the Mustang and the success of Iacocca. Each year has separate sections for Shelby's, a ton of pages on the SVO and Bullit, and a nice pictorial of the 2005.

Highly recommended :nice:

0760315973.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Attachments

• 0760315973.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    0760315973.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Sponsors (?)

I got a book almost exactly the same for XMAS. It is called "Mustang 40 Years". The book is blue with a picture of what appears to be a '68 CJ coupe. It is by Lou Dzierzak and David Newhardt. On the back of the book it was www.motorbooks.com on it with an ISBN of 0-7603-1770-4. However, I cannot find this book anywhere, even at motorbooks.com.

I did get a chance to look through some of the pages of the book mentioned above online. The pictures are different than the ones in my book, however the quality of the images is the same...amazing! I think I will pick up "Mustang Forty Years" to add to the one I just recieved.

later,

Chris
stangit.com

Ferf said:
I got a book almost exactly the same for XMAS. It is called "Mustang 40 Years". The book is blue with a picture of what appears to be a '68 CJ coupe. It is by Lou Dzierzak and David Newhardt. On the back of the book it was www.motorbooks.com on it with an ISBN of 0-7603-1770-4. However, I cannot find this book anywhere, even at motorbooks.com.

I did get a chance to look through some of the pages of the book mentioned above online. The pictures are different than the ones in my book, however the quality of the images is the same...amazing! I think I will pick up "Mustang Forty Years" to add to the one I just recieved.

later,

Chris
stangit.com

excellent pic's

Ferf,
I got that book from walmart, for $14.84 you can't beat it. It has a few typo's and a few details are off, but it is a good book. How they managed to print all those good pics in color for $15 I'll never know.

I got that big book too!!

I got it from my Girlfriend also. Big book, lot's of good pics, pretty good information wise, probably a good coffee-table book for most. I've got some better books in my personal library! Best book ever? Not for me. My best book is the Shelby American Registry. That's full of great facts and pics! Ton's of great tech info too! MY other personal favorites are books about the classic Trans-Am and Can-Am series!