Best Oil Pans?

• Sponsors (?)

yeh I'm gonna

Black331Stang said:
ttt....interested also, ice heard lot of aftermarket 7 QT pans leak? this true? KDK im doing a 331 as well :nice:

I'm going with the DSS 331 kit,, with the wind tray,, and main support.. flat top pistons.. pro lite. Can't wait :nice:

I guess no one knows anything about oil pans and pumps. lol :D

I looked at quite a few pans before I bought a basically stock pan. I have concerns with clearence on the street with oversized pans. To aid in maintaining an adequate supply of oil I will be installing a windage tray when I install my new pan.

Armando's Custom Pans are absolutely the best pans I've ever used. All of my cars are running his pans. I've run Cantons, Aviads, Milodons, and Moroso pans. All of them leak or have clearance problems when used with certain aftermarket K-members, etc. Armando's have no clearance issues that I've experienced or heard of. They also have no leaks or he'll repair it free. His welding skills are excellent, which is not something I can say for any other pan I've used. I run 8qt dry sump pans on all of my mustangs.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/1624/

I've run a few Cantons with no issues, I use a Fel-Pro thick 1 piece re-enforced gasket.

Stef's is by far one of the leading oil pan makers, put they can cost a lot of money just had one quoted over $850.

I've used Canton pans for a few years with no issues. Have one on the shelf for the next motor. Good friend of mine has a Stef's pan on a BBC, nice piece but like Rick said lil' pricey. Couple people I know running the Moroso pans haven't been too happy with them do to fitment issues. When everyone talks about this or that pan leaking are they talking about the pan itself or the gasket area? If it's the gasket area just use a good gasket/sealer and you should be good to go, garage floor is dry here... :nice:

Tater