Best Rear Differential Cover/Girdle For 99-04 Mustang GT?

Ghost001

Dec 9, 2002
California
Which rear differential cover/girdle is the best one, for the 99-04 Mustang GT?

I want one that has a fill plug and a drain plug.

I'm thinking about getting the SVO one, because it looks like it has a fill plug and drain plug.

Summit makes one, but the fill plug looks a lot lower than the SVO fill plug, so it looks like it won't hold as much fluid.

Also, my stock diff cover does not have those 2 extra bolts in the middle (it only has 10 bolts). Can I still use a diff cover that has those 2 extra bolts in the middle? Will those 2 extra bolts actually screw something, or will I just have to plug up those 2 extra holes?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the SVO girdle. It does have a drain and fill plugs and also has load bolts provide additional support for differential bearing caps. It also increases the fluid capacity a bit.
They also have a stud kit that replaces the bearing cap bolts that I wouldn't bother with unless you are really putting some power down.

B C said:
I have the SVO girdle. It does have a drain and fill plugs and also has load bolts provide additional support for differential bearing caps. It also increases the fluid capacity a bit.
They also have a stud kit that replaces the bearing cap bolts that I wouldn't bother with unless you are really putting some power down.

Thanks, BC! Can I use those 2 load bolts, even though my stock diff cover does not have them? In other words, are there holes in my differential into which those 2 load bolts can be screwed?