best repair manual

zeke491

Nov 26, 2002
sorry to say it but I lost my chilton repair manual. Since I have to get another one I'd might as well upgrade. what is the best repair manual? Helms? Factory? Since I'm not the most experienced with car mechanics, I need a good one.

Thanks,
Tom

• Sponsors (?)

I like the Haynes Manual. Pretty good info for the average backyard mechanic. Good reference for doing basic work, with insight on getting into bigger projects.

My opinion...some of the other books get a bit in depth for the weekend warrior...however they are nice to have.

Always the search button on here...these things aren't new, not much that can go wrong with them hasn't already.

Good Luck!

My service manual showed up today and I can honestly saw it blows Chilton/Haynes manuals out of the water. The detail it has is amazing, wish I would have bought one years ago. I also like that is pretty easy to follow and not over whelming. I got real lucky since the manual I bought it pretty freakin new for being a 15 yrs old dealer service manual. Get a service manual off ebay they are worth their weight in gold.

My service manual showed up today and I can honestly saw it blows Chilton/Haynes manuals out of the water. The detail it has is amazing, wish I would have bought one years ago. I also like that is pretty easy to follow and not over whelming. I got real lucky since the manual I bought it pretty freakin new for being a 15 yrs old dealer service manual. Get a service manual off ebay they are worth their weight in gold.

PM me if anyone is interested in the Ford service manual on a CD.