best shifter?

• Sponsors (?)

there really is no best shifter out there. pretty much all the short throws are the same idea. just get one that is the cheapest in price and go with it. the main quality out of them are the handles. they all come with solid handles but some are longer and better than others. alot of people like the steed tri-ax one so go with that. i am using the stock short throw in my cobra with an MGW shifter handle. works wonders for me!

this thread could go on forever, so let me make it simple...any shifter is better than the POS stock one...with any new shifter there may be some tranny noise...i believe i have heard that the 5.0 has minimal..which is a plus, i know my tri-ax has limited b/c i installed the factory rubber boot back on...

Conclusion:Get either tri-ax or 5.0...(or that brand new one that just came out, i cant remember, maybe somethin like MGW)...You wont have any regrets

MGW just came out with the BEST shifter on the market, period. Hands down.

mgwltdshifter2.jpg

I THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE YOU GUYS WITH THE 3650 SHIFTERS A LITTLE INFO...

I POSTED THIS ON MACH 1 REGISTRY JUST NOW....

hey guys,

after making some minor changes and tweaks to our 3650 shifter for the MAch's and GT's i installed one on a 2002 GT today to feel if the shifting was what i wanted it to be.

my goal was to drastically shorten the throws but not by just lowering the knob height. as you can see in this video the knob is lower than stock but not ridiculously low and the throws are 45 percent shorter.

i actually took a measurement of the throw from first to second and it is as follows...

stock.. 4.500"

MGW shifter 2.500" :banana: :banana:

keep in mind that i granny shifted this car since it was a loaner and had alot of miles on it but you get the idea. look how short the shifts are. :nice:

http://www.mgwltd.com/george/grannyshifting.mpg

regards
george

dsg_gt2004 said:
this thread could go on forever, so let me make it simple...any shifter is better than the POS stock one
Now that's the right answer!
Nothing against the new MGW shifter (looks very promising), but how do some of you say it "blows the rest out of the water" and that it's "the BEST shifter on the market, period. Hands down" when you don't even own one? :shrug: