Best Sounding Muffler when using long tubes?

I have BBK long tubes and two high flow cats, I have a set of Summit turbo mufflers on right now and they sound horrible, I want to get a new set of mufflers but need opinions on the best sounding mufflers. I am not necessarily looking for the loudest just a set that is not too quiet but sounds clean and strong. Thanks guys and sorry if I sound a bit naive.

• Sponsors (?)

Well....worst thread to start to make a decision EVER. Lol. Exhaust threads are gonna have opinions from every muffler. Mac, flowmaster, bassani, borla, dynomax, you will get them all. The best thing to do is to listen to some sound clips....search. I know Don John on here made a site although i dont have it saved on this computer, search for his name in our section and its in his signature.

My recommendation would be spintech. They sound chambered at idle but at WOT they just scream. The sportsmans are probably what u would want as the prostreets are a bit louder.

KenneBell said:
I have BBK long tubes and two high flow cats, I have a set of Summit turbo mufflers on right now and they sound horrible, I want to get a new set of mufflers but need opinions on the best sounding mufflers. I am not necessarily looking for the loudest just a set that is not too quiet but sounds clean and strong. Thanks guys and sorry if I sound a bit naive.

I've been down this road before and like Nate said, you can't tell much from opinions :shrug:

Like me, you run cats, and that does make a difference in the fact that your gonna have to discount the bulk of replies you get cause the bulk of peeps out there don't run cats.

The cats change how things are gonna sound :bang:

Later
Grady

mustangexhaust.com has a bunch of soundclips on their page. We have a ton of guys around our area that meet every weekend and we always check out each other's exhaust setups, thats always a good way of finding out what you like!

I have had many exhaust systems. Flow, Dynomax, Mac, Spintech, Bassani, Magnaflow

Really depends on what you want. The MACs with an H sound really strong. Nice powerful idle, and real screamers in the upper rpms. No popping on deceleration with the LTs. With shorties I notice a little popping here and there.

Mac a little louder than Flowmaster IMO, and throatier. The spintechs have the same Mac sound, they are just not as loud as the Macs and Flows, but still have a meaty sound.

I prefer the MAC's overall, and better yet, you can get them in Stainless. My personal favorite. Good luck on you decision. Its a tough one..........

Rust masters just suck, they dont make a SS, never had a chance to hear mac so I wont make any comments on them, dynomax ultraflows sounded great, But too quiet, borla sounds awesome, but too expensive, Bassani also awesome, and also expensive but worth it, magnaflows sound awesome on the 4.6 but kinda weak on the 5.0 IMO. I'm personally running borla through bassani catted X and BBK headers. I want BASSANI cat back though.