Best sounding muffler?

Lokker

Jun 8, 2006
Kentucky
My muffler has a hole in it so I'm gonna get a new one soon. However I don't know what to get. I was thinking of getting Glass Back Thrush's since I heard they sound really good and loud but I never heard them on a V6 mustang. I've also read that magnaflows sound the best but I've looked at sound clips of a 2005 V6 mustang with magnaflows and it just sounds plain crappy but then I saw another sound clip of a 2001 stang and their magnaflows sound great so I don't know. All my friends put dual flowmasters on their stangs and they love them. So what would you guys recommend? I was also considering dynomax. I'm just looking for a deep throaty sound thats loud and powerful.

Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

flowmasters are louder than magnaflows, but magnaflows dont get as raspy. both have a good, deep idle, and sound good. if you want something louder, then go with the flowmaster. if something more sporty/racecar sounding, go with magnaflows. ive heard mac sounds good too. dont know anything about dynomax, except they have the same straight through design as magnaflows. stay away from any kind of glasspacks on a v6.

Force Mufflers are the same as Flowmasters, but A LOT cheaper. Only complaints with Flowmaster I hear is not loud enough for some people (my stock GT mufflers are perfect for me so) and they are slightly more restrictive than Magnaflows. Both sound good, Flowmaster has more of a rumble at idle like a V8, and Magnaflow has a more smoother tone, seeing as how the V6 is a smoother pulsing engine to the V8, which fires off the 2 cylinders on one bank back to back, giving it the unique sound that us enthusiasts have come to know and love.

As far as glasspacks...they sound like ass. That describes it best. Sound great on the V8's, but not on the V6's. And the "V-Tec 6" doesn't work man. V-Tec is a variable valve system on Honda engines.

it uses borla mufflers and they are probably the most expensive ones you can buy. ive never heard them so i cant comment on the sound. it would be cheaper to just buy mufflers and have a local muffler shop make a cat back system for you than buy a pre-made kit.