Best Spark Plugs?

Alex46

Feb 19, 2010
Going down a degree recommended by you guys? Also switching back to copper instead of iridium?

I put in the Iridium plugs last time and really didn't notice any difference at all, and they were a bit more than all the others.
With my 5.0 i found that autolites were the best.

What do you guys use or believe are the best for the 4.6? NGK?

Really appreciate the advice.

Regards,

Alexander

• Sponsors (?)

I use Autolite 22c (stock 03-04 cobra plugs). They are one heat range colder than stock gt plugs, (32c, I think). They work great for me. Lots of people say to use NGK TR6, also one step colder. Those are good too. NGK TR55, I think, is stock.

if the car is NA, id suggest putting stock Motorcraft plugs back in. just did this on my 2000. Your local autozone should stock them. you can get a set for a hair over $30. remember, the stockers are platinum.

good luck :nice:

Going down a degree recommended by you guys? Also switching back to copper instead of iridium? I put in the Iridium plugs last time and really didn't notice any difference at all, and they were a bit more than all the others.

Any reason for the change? The stock plugs are fine for a mild modded car. You won't notice much difference, if any, unless of course the plugs now are fouled or really need to be changed. If you switch to copper, you'll need to replace them every 30k miles. Dunno if you want to mess with that.

I run Motorcraft copper plugs, one step colder, due to nitrous.

:flag:

Any reason for the change? The stock plugs are fine for a mild modded car. You won't notice much difference, if any, unless of course the plugs now are fouled or really need to be changed. If you switch to copper, you'll need to replace them every 30k miles. Dunno if you want to mess with that.

I run Motorcraft copper plugs, one step colder, due to nitrous.

:flag:

Change the copper tops more like every 10K. With my blower, at 10K there is hardly anything left of them. I see you have a 100 shot, change them out every 10K.